Conquest Poker Tournaments

dave_k63

The "Activities" on the Conquest include poker tournaments on "state of the art "poker pro" machines". What are these? Are they talking about video poker or the type of poker you find on line, where you're playing against other people, but the cards you get are electronic and remain on the table? Thanks for any information.

The "Activities" on the Conquest include poker tournaments on "state of the art "poker pro" machines". What are these? Are they talking about video poker or the type of poker you find on line, where you're playing against other people, but the cards you get are electronic and remain on the table? Thanks for any information.

Cards are electronic and stay on the table. You have to touch a screen to see your cards.

The Poker Pro Tables are actual tables that seat 10 (or 12) people/ players. The surface of the table is basically a big screen. Your cards will be 'dealt' face down directly in front of you. The flop, turn, and river will be 'dealt' face up on the center of the table. Your betting options are controlled by touching the screen in front of you. Hard to explain. Easy when you actually see it or do it.

Thanks - sounds kind of like online poker to me. It may be fun - guess I'll find out in August.

I play on line and brick and mortar poker. 2010 on the Conquest I had $1,200 of fun at the table, and that was only about 7 hours of play time total that week.:D

I play on line and brick and mortar poker. 2010 on the Conquest I had $1,200 of fun at the table, and that was only about 7 hours of play time total that week.:D

Been there, done that. Hope it's not that bad. Cash games even at 1 and 2 dollar blinds can get expensive quickly. Maybe they'll have tournaments with a moderate buy-in.

The Poker Pro Tables are actual tables that seat 10 (or 12) people/ players. The surface of the table is basically a big screen. Your cards will be 'dealt' face down directly in front of you. The flop, turn, and river will be 'dealt' face up on the center of the table. Your betting options are controlled by touching the screen in front of you. Hard to explain. Easy when you actually see it or do it.

how do you see your own cards?

This is the way I remember it from about 2 years ago, when I last played on one. Its a touch screen table...when it works. Its fairly reliable, but I had trouble viewing my cards occasionally. You put your hand, or your sign and sail card, in a cupping gesture over your hole cards, and they will turn over, in the virtual sense. When you move your hand away, they flip back. Your chips are virtual as well. You have to load your SS card with a separate poker fund and then log into the table and let it know how much of that fund you want to play with. If you get felted in a cash game, you can reswipe your card and add more money to your seat, provided you have it on your card. Otherwise you have to go back to the cage and reload your card, then come back and swipe back in.

This is the way I remember it from about 2 years ago, when I last played on one. Its a touch screen table...when it works. Its fairly reliable, but I had trouble viewing my cards occasionally. You put your hand, or your sign and sail card, in a cupping gesture over your hole cards, and they will turn over, in the virtual sense. When you move your hand away, they flip back. Your chips are virtual as well. You have to load your SS card with a separate poker fund and then log into the table and let it know how much of that fund you want to play with. If you get felted in a cash game, you can reswipe your card and add more money to your seat, provided you have it on your card. Otherwise you have to go back to the cage and reload your card, then come back and swipe back in.

THanks very much! I hope it works. Now I know to add extra money for poker lol. Just in case.....

most people would use their s&s card to touch the screen where their hole cards are. this seemed to be easier than trying to use your fingertip for whatever reason.

i have played several times on these tables and they are not bad at all. no math to do, no waiting for the dealer, no shuffling cards etc.

our last cruise, we had two official tournaments-winner take all. sadly i took nothing but a fat 2nd place lol. for the official tourneys, all participants received a tshirt and cap and a cocktail.

I played cash games (sit & go) the rest of the time and did pretty well.

I play mostly hold em. The table can be set to play Omaha. I doubt that would happen on a cruise. Not that many people play omaha. They charge 50 cents to rabbit hunt. I never pay. They make enough on the rake.

I don't like Rabbit hunting for 50 cents. I will just imagine what might have been.

Archived