Where to get Passport stamped?

bmloftis

We will be sailing out of Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Where would we go to get our passports stamped in these two ports and is there a fee? I have just recently got my passport and would like to start doing this at all of the places that I visit.

We will be sailing out of Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Where would we go to get our passports stamped in these two ports and is there a fee? I have just recently got my passport and would like to start doing this at all of the places that I visit.

In grand cayman there is a security office to the left when you line up to return to the ship, they will stamp it there for free.

In cozumel you need to take a taxi to the immigration office.

• 3 weeks later...

You can also check at guest services. I have heard that when they dock sometimes there are officials on board that can stamp your passport if you are in the right place at the right time.

If you have time in Grand Cayman you can go to Hell and have your passport stamped. that is always fun.

1777798452_cruise2012028.jpg.a64a7dd11d402a8f77fca856fb1df045.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let anyone know that is interested in getting passport stamped, I just got back from my cruise and as someone already posted in Grand Cayman there is a visitors information center to the right as you first walk in the gate at port that will stamp your passport. As for in Cozumel, we had to take a taxi to the Plaza Dela Sol where they stamped my passport. We paid the taxi driver a total of 20.00 to take us there first and then to Paradise Beach.

I have read on other threads that if you drop your passport with guest services, they will get it stamped for you and return it. I can;t tell you if it's true or not, I'm just getting mine for my cruise in October! I'll tell you after that tho!

I have enjoyed getting my son's passport stamped.

Nassau is very easy -- just before you go in the building to go through security to get back on the ship - as you look at the ship - turn to your right and you will see a tall chain link fence with an open gate and a guard. Show the guard your sail pass and he will let you in. Go in to the building walk to the end of the hall and they will stamp it there. What is good about it is you can leave the building and then just walk to the ship and do not have to wait in the line in the other building.

Cozumel is a little harder -- you can go to main post office in town and they will stamp it for you there. Its an ugly building but right on the main road into town.

Grand Cayman is another easy one - just as you leave the tendering area there is a small building on the right as you go away from the tender. Walk up the ramp and they will stamp in the building. If you visit Hell in GC they will give you a novelty stamp as well.

Grand Turk - when you enter the cruise center from the dock you enter this vbuilding that kind of looks like three buildings go on through and go to the right. There is a small building before you get to Ron Jon's surf shop and they will stamp it there for you.

HMC - I did not do it there and don't think there is an actual stamp for the private island places. Could be wrong though.

I can not say for absolute certainty, but I believe they no longer will stamp the passports through Guest Services.

Hope this helps.

Edited by wmjrdn4ever

I have read on other threads that if you drop your passport with guest services, they will get it stamped for you and return it. I can;t tell you if it's true or not, I'm just getting mine for my cruise in October! I'll tell you after that tho!

I can tell you. On previous Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises we were told by Guest Services they no longer do this because of the number of requests they now get.

Does anyone know where we would go in Belize and Roatan? Also be careful about Mexico if you ever drive across the boarder. I drive across the boarder sometimes and one time one of the guys in our group had flown into Mexico on a vacation, but there was no Mexico "exit" stamp they made it very difficuilt for him to get in, he almost didn't get in, so just keep that in kind. I just plan on skipping that stamp on my cruise.

In Belize when you enter the cruise terminal area there is a long wall of buildings and a covered walkway that rings the perimeter of the area. As you look away from the ship go toward the left. If you imagine the perimeter as a "L" tipped over toward the right the stamp office is right at the corner.

In Roatan its a small, almost trailer looking building close to where you end up after walking the long dock - its on the right near the fence. The stamp in Roatan is definitely a novelty stamp more than anything official, but it works. (at least in September 2011)

Edited by wmjrdn4ever

• 1 year later...
In Belize when you enter the cruise terminal area there is a long wall of buildings and a covered walkway that rings the perimeter of the area. As you look away from the ship go toward the left. If you imagine the perimeter as a "L" tipped over toward the right the stamp office is right at the corner.

In Roatan its a small, almost trailer looking building close to where you end up after walking the long dock - its on the right near the fence. The stamp in Roatan is definitely a novelty stamp more than anything official, but it works. (at least in September 2011)

you seem to know the most information about passport stamps.. which is awesome!! lol just wondering if u know about aruba or curacao ? thanks so much! happy cruising!! ill be on the breeze in 2 weeks. maybe you are going on the same itinerary as us..

• 5 months later...
you seem to know the most information about passport stamps.. which is awesome!! lol just wondering if u know about aruba or curacao ? thanks so much! happy cruising!! ill be on the breeze in 2 weeks. maybe you are going on the same itinerary as us..

I would like to know the answer to this also. Thanks everyone

• 1 month later...

Good Morning,

The information relayed to you is not the case. The Agent is NOT the person authorized to stamp passports. The Immigration Official is the one who normally gives souvenir stamps. If the passports are not given during clearance they will not be able to be stamped unless Passengers visit the Immigration Office located downtown.

You can however, obtain a souvenir stamp right here at the Philatelic Bureau located on the Grand Turk Cruise Center’s compound just near Margarittaville.

Warmest Regards,

Inga Brooks

Jr. Ship's Agent

Grand Turk Cruise Center

P.O.Box 77, Grand Turk

Ph: 649-946-1040

Cell: 649-332-1790

Fx: 649-946-1041

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

.·´¯`·..><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸><((((º>

Update on Roatan: In the breezeway passage to the cabs there are a series of different

tiny businesses. The first on the right as you head into the breezeway is where you get passport stamped. They ahve a sign asking for donation for education.

This is an old thread and much of the info is outdated. GC is the same.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why people want fake stamps in there passport. Why no just collect the pressed pennies?

Go to places that give you real visa stamps. Fly into Mexico. Or better fly into Italy and get something to remember besides a fake island stamp for some island that all look the same.

Keep in mind that you should have both an entrance visa and exit stamp in your passport. All these fake ones could screw you up in the future if you go to some place beside an island in the Caribbean.

Edited by Donray

• 1 year later...

When in Grand Turk, ask a taxi driver to take you to the immigration building. There is a small building in the middle of town where the officers are and they are extremely pleased to stamp your passport. We went and it took them about 5 minutes to locate the stamp because no one ever comes in and asks for the stamp. When in St. Maarten, just outside the port area before the taxi stations, there is a very small post office where they will stamp your passports for you. In Belize City, inside the port area, ask around and they will direct you to the blue building where the immigration officer sits and she will happily stamp your passport. When in Cozumel, we had to take a taxi into town to the office. Everywhere we go they are extremely happy to stamp your passport. We are headed to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic and hope to get our passports stamped there as well. Have fun, we always try to get that done first before we sight see! And no we don't get the fake stamps, we get real ones from Immigration officers, customs officers at each port.

Edited by late in the game

When in Grand Turk, ask a taxi driver to take you to the immigration building. There is a small building in the middle of town where the officers are and they are extremely pleased to stamp your passport. We went and it took them about 5 minutes to locate the stamp because no one ever comes in and asks for the stamp. When in St. Maarten, just outside the port area before the taxi stations, there is a very small post office where they will stamp your passports for you. In Belize City, inside the port area, ask around and they will direct you to the blue building where the immigration officer sits and she will happily stamp your passport. When in Cozumel, we had to take a taxi into town to the office. Everywhere we go they are extremely happy to stamp your passport. We are headed to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic and hope to get our passports stamped there as well. Have fun, we always try to get that done first before we sight see! And no we don't get the fake stamps, we get real ones from Immigration officers, customs officers at each port.

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

P.S. I like that You picked a very good screen name in responding to a thread started 4 Years Ago. :cool:

Edited by biker@sea