Got a question about my "Golden Nextcruise"

Okay I have a question for the experts. We just had a price drop on a D2 Balcony on my Freedom sailing in September. I had an outside cabin so I just called to change to the balcony. I have a "golden next cruise" purchased in Sept. 08 which was before all the new restrictions. On the phone they just said I could not combine a Diamond Plus Balcony discount with a savings certificate. Is that right? I thought we could combine everything back then. I would love a response as soon as possible before the price for the Balcony goes back up.

Thanks so much!!

E-Beth

Okay I have a question for the experts. We just had a price drop on a D2 Balcony on my Freedom sailing in September. I had an outside cabin so I just called to change to the balcony. I have a "golden next cruise" purchased in Sept. 08 which was before all the new restrictions. On the phone they just said I could not combine a Diamond Plus Balcony discount with a savings certificate. Is that right? I thought we could combine everything back then. I would love a response as soon as possible before the price for the Balcony goes back up.

Thanks so much!!

E-Beth

did you book the cruise with the 'next cruise" yes they were combinable but you will have to likely fight to get it, talk to resolutions or C & A

did you book the cruise with the 'next cruise" yes they were combinable but you will have to likely fight to get it, talk to resolutions or C & A

Sue L.......when did the rules change?? As in, what date, as I have about 8 next cruise bookings, two dated 9/10/08, two for 12/9/10, make that 4 and then two for 5/09/08.

Rick

My notes (courtesy of Patti) say the C&A Savings Certificate could not be combined after 7/1/2008.

However you should be able to combine shareholder OBC. They took that away 12/31/2008.

I think all the changes were made on May 17 or 18, 2010, I think. Someone who really knows, please tell us.

Thanks!

E-Beth

the 17th of May rule change was for price drops after final payment. The July date in 2008 seems about right for the combinabilty change

Thanks so much!!

E-Beth

You were given correct information even with your Golden NextCruise because on 7/1/2008 C&A Savings Certificate were eliminated from being able to be combined with other benefits.

With your Golden NextCruise you can have the OBC, balcony discount and OBC from Shareholder Benefits if you own stock.

OBC back in 2008 was

$50 for 3-5 Nights

$100 for 6-9 Nights

$200 for 10+ Nights (changed to $300 on 9/2009)

Balcony discounts were also different back then also.

Sue L.......when did the rules change?? As in, what date, as I have about 8 next cruise bookings, two dated 9/10/08, two for 12/9/10, make that 4 and then two for 5/09/08.

Rick

It appears that I have one lucky ticket.....make that two for 5.09.08!

Thanks Patti for looking it up and giving me the information.;)

Rick

Thanks so much for the info Patti!

E-Beth

You're welcome. Just remember that when you do convert that Golden NC make sure that you emphasize to the rep the date it was created. The date is the key to getting everything you are entitled to.

The unfortunate part is that today, many of the reps might not have even been employed by RCI 4-5 years ago. If you get any type of static ask to speak to a Supervisor.

Archived