New Booking Only Special and Existing Reservation

mandream

I have a passages booking on an Equinox October sailing.* Final payment isn't until late July.* I just received an e-mail today about 50% off second guest rates on certain sailings - my sailing qualifies. Can I simply move my passages to some future sailing and rebook this cruise as new? Keeping the same room isn't an option as the deal is only good with a guarantee. Not thrilled about that, but we will be upgrading to AQ for the same price as our current 1A so we're willing to roll the dice.

Will we have any issues with the new booking only deal given we had a prior booking on the same cruise?

Thanks,

Mike

I think it would work! Don't see why not. Just make sure you don't cancel - make sure you transfer your Passages Booking to another cruise so you don't lose the benefits of booking on board. I would try the new booking first to make sure you can do it before you change your current booking.

I don't blame you for wanting to take advantage of that deal. :) Just know that if you are switching to AQ GTY, that there is no GTY you will not end up in a category higher than AQ. Not a bad thing unless you have your heart set on eating in Blu.

EXAMLPE: You could be upgraded to a Sky Suite which puts you back into the main dining room. Being in a suite, you can pay $5 pp to eat in Blu each meal, but that is only if there is room in Blu that particular time you wish to eat. ;)

I have a passages booking on an Equinox October sailing.* Final payment isn't until late July.* I just received an e-mail today about 50% off second guest rates on certain sailings - my sailing qualifies. Can I simply move my passages to some future sailing and rebook this cruise as new? Keeping the same room isn't an option as the deal is only good with a guarantee. Not thrilled about that, but we will be upgrading to AQ for the same price as our current 1A so we're willing to roll the dice.

Will we have any issues with the new booking only deal given we had a prior booking on the same cruise?

Thanks,

Mike

Once you actually book a cruise such as your October sailing, I believe it is no longer a "Passages" ie. an "Open Booking". You may be required to cancel and rebook thus losing your OBC.

A Passages has no final payment nor expiry date.

I don't blame you for wanting to take advantage of that deal. :) Just know that if you are switching to AQ GTY, that there is no GTY you will not end up in a category higher than AQ. Not a bad thing unless you have your heart set on eating in Blu.

EXAMLPE: You could be upgraded to a Sky Suite which puts you back into the main dining room. Being in a suite, you can pay $5 pp to eat in Blu each meal, but that is only if there is room in Blu that particular time you wish to eat. ;)

Understood. I would be happy to be upgraded to a Suite. I don't have my heart set on Blu - I'm really quite indifferent. We actually enjoy the MDR experience as well as the Specialty restaurants. I'm not certain that BLU appeals to me - however, given the very favorable comments about it here on Cruise Critic, I'm open to giving it a try.

My biggest concern in all of this is giving up my prime 1A for a GTY. Before I knew better this would not have been a big deal - Now I generally prefer to pick and choose my cabin. Hopefully I'll get assigned to a good category and be able to choose a different cabin if I'm not happy. If not, I don't think I can go too wrong with AQ or above.

Mike

I would try the new booking first to make sure you can do it before you change your current booking.

Really? I didn't know I could have two bookings for the same cruise.

Don't call X - call the Passages Desk direct @ 1-888-727-4906 - they have all the correct info.

Will do - thanks.

Mike

I have never been in an AQ cabin but I think I have read/heard on more than one occasion that some of them are under the pool area and you may be disturbed by the sunbeds being dragged around in the morning.

Being a pessimistic soul I would worry that the GTY cabins might end up being one of those.

I have never been in an AQ cabin but I think I have read/heard on more than one occasion that some of them are under the pool area and you may be disturbed by the sunbeds being dragged around in the morning.

Being a pessimistic soul I would worry that the GTY cabins might end up being one of those.

Agreed. It's the chance you take with a GTY. It could also work out great.

The cruise is almost 6 mos out. My hope is that I'll get assigned quickly (as often happens) and then if not happy with the room, change to another. The cruise is pretty port intensive so we'll probably be getting up fairly early anyway. Also - don't know how likely there will be early morning sunbathers in Oct.;)

Mike

Agreed. It's the chance you take with a GTY. It could also work out great.

The cruise is almost 6 mos out. My hope is that I'll get assigned quickly (as often happens) and then if not happy with the room, change to another. The cruise is pretty port intensive so we'll probably be getting up fairly early anyway. Also - don't know how likely there will be early morning sunbathers in Oct.;)

Mike

Fair enough - I just thought I'd mention it. I didn't know where you were going so didn't really know whether the sunbed issue would be a concern or not. Good luck anyway.

Fair enough - I just thought I'd mention it. I didn't know where you were going so didn't really know whether the sunbed issue would be a concern or not. Good luck anyway.

Good point - I didn't say! Eastern Med.

Thanks for the input. Made the booking - now I just need to see what happens.

Mike

Archived