PASSPORT question driving from Skayway to Vancouver

nancy_s_leong

Hello,

We plan to rent a car and driving from Skayway to Emeral Lake for a

few hours in this May, but my passport will be expired in this Sept.

I am not the driver, and the driver's passport is ok.

Any issue acrossing Vancouver for me?

They required least 6 month before the passport expired.

many thanks,

nancy

ps. we plan to take a alaska cruise from 5/29 to 6/5/05.

Your passport will probably not be accepted as proof of citizenship for your cruise so you will need to take your birth certificate (with seal) and a photo ID (drivers license) with you. I know Princess requires that your passport be valid for 6 months after the end of the cruise or they will not accept it. Some countries will not let you into the country with such a passport either. That is probably why Princess has the rule. I would guess that other cruise lines are the same. So I wouldn't be worried about getting into Canada as much as getting on the ship in the first place.

I agree with Judynorth....to gain entry to Canada, your passport is fine. Using it for cruise documentation would be a different story.

We live in Canada and my son has often used his (then) expired passport for day trips to the U.S. When he and I went on a cruise..he renewed it.

Hope this info helps.

That's very sweet of Judynorth & Ladysail2. We decided to purchase an Alaska Cruise for my in laws as birthday

gift for my mother in law next month. For ourself, we might skip the Alaska cruise this time, and take a bus tour to Yellowstone Park and Grand Canyon instead.

If you have time, check out our 2003 Alaska Cruise pictures:

http://www.nancysleong.photosite.com/Alaska_Cruise_Celebrity_Mercur/Alaska_Cruise_Sept03/

Our 2004 Mexico Cruise at:

http://www.nancysleong.photosite.com/Mexico_Cruise_Sept2004/Mexico_Cruise_Summary092404/

We definitely consider to take a Alaska Cruise again after renewing my passport.

cheers,

nancy

Archived