Epic Cabin 16001

cruise1828

For those considering a 2-bedroom on the Epic, you may want to consider either 16001 or 17001 - these cabins are larger than the ones on the side. We LOVED the cabin! We decided the extra space was more important than the open balcony. We figured we had plenty of areas to sit outside b/w the courtyard, Posh and the deck above that. We travelled with 2 other families that were in 16017 and 16019 - our cabin was considerably bigger (2-3 feet wider) and we really enjoyed the solarium (much bigger than the balcony in the other cabins). With 16001 being in the front, it was nice to overlook the bow and be able to see on both sides of the ship. Even when we were underway, we were able to open the windows. My family liked being on 16 b/c the courtyard was right there as well as the restaurant, lounge and concierge.

Pics: http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa332/cruise1828/Epic%20Cabin%2016001/

Thanks for posting these pictures. I am booked in 16001. I learned of this bigger suite on Cruise Critic. I already had a solarium penthouse and loved the forward view. It feels like you are on your own private yacht. I cant stop looking at your pictures. A lounger can easily fit on the solarium. Did you ask to get one there?

I cant believe how much bigger the cabin is especially the balcony area. It looks like a mini owners suite.

THANKS AGAIN

Thanks for posting these pictures. I am booked in 16001. I learned of this bigger suite on Cruise Critic. I already had a solarium penthouse and loved the forward view. It feels like you are on your own private yacht. I cant stop looking at your pictures. A lounger can easily fit on the solarium. Did you ask to get one there?

I cant believe how much bigger the cabin is especially the balcony area. It looks like a mini owners suite.

THANKS AGAIN

I didn't request a lounge chair - it was usually just me out there reading so I just put my feet up on the other chair.

I am also booked in one of these suites. Thanks for the pictures. Would you say these rooms are wider only in the living room area?

I think the 2nd bedroom may have some extra space next to the bed, but I'm not sure. I'll ask my kids if they went into that room in our friend's cabin - maybe they noticed a difference.

I am also booked in one of these suites. Thanks for the pictures. Would you say these rooms are wider only in the living room area?

Logistically I think the space was only added to the living room area. From what I could see from the pictures and videos I looked at the bedrooms looked the same. Could be wrong. If you get on NCL website and check out the Epic staterooms you will notice the ceiling tiles on the picture shown. There are 7 in the living room. In Cruisin's pictures there are 9. Also noted that on other pictures of rooms 16001 and 17001. Not very scientific but I think Columbo would agree.

Anyway it was enough to convince me that they are larger.

Logistically I think the space was only added to the living room area. From what I could see from the pictures and videos I looked at the bedrooms looked the same. Could be wrong. If you get on NCL website and check out the Epic staterooms you will notice the ceiling tiles on the picture shown. There are 7 in the living room. In Cruisin's pictures there are 9. Also noted that on other pictures of rooms 16001 and 17001. Not very scientific but I think Columbo would agree.

Anyway it was enough to convince me that they are larger.

Here are some pics from our friend's cabin. If you look at the 2nd bedroom, you will see the ottoman in front of the sofa/bed. In 16001 it fits next to it. The first pic is from 16017; the second from 16001. You can also see the width difference in the living area.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa332/cruise1828/Cabin%2016017/

I found one other detail. The pictures of 16001 show a ledge along the bathtub and picture window. This video of another villa on deck 16 has no such ledge. So it appears the cabin is at least 1 foot longer too.

16001.jpg.f9842d64ab0fc40250c1547edb756e3c.jpg

Edited by david_sobe

Here are some pics from our friend's cabin. If you look at the 2nd bedroom, you will see the ottoman in front of the sofa/bed. In 16001 it fits next to it. The first pic is from 16017; the second from 16001. You can also see the width difference in the living area.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa332/cruise1828/Cabin%2016017/

Very Cool....Thats even better....Thanks..

I found one other detail. The pictures of 16001 show a ledge along the bathtub and picture window. This video of another villa on deck 16 has no such ledge. So it appears the cabin is at least 1 foot longer too.

Thanks David.....

Which you can clearly see because the balcony is much wider than the regular balconys in the Haven. That is probably the case for all forward suites.

Which you can clearly see because the balcony is much wider than the regular balconys in the Haven. That is probably the case for all forward suites.

Yes.....

I love this board and how much research we all do with any scrap of information. You can learn so much here LOL

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I experienced the EPIC for the first time on the April 2012 Eastbound Transatlantic and choose the Aft Balcony 12310. It is on the Port side and not only is the balcony 2 feet wider, the location made for a windless experience and spectacular sunsets the whole voyage. Also being on the far Port side I could walk out my cabin and onto the Port stair case for ease of viewing that whole side of ship and also using stairs to get to Spa. I am trying the Studio this time as I am a solo traveler and doing the 17 day Eastbound in Oct 2013 from Rome! Love the Margarrita Clinics 4 or 5 cocktails with top shelf booze for less than 20 bucks. Good buz for evening fun

• 2 years later...

THANKS AGAIN

Hi David, I have an upcoming booking in 16001 and had the same thought as you. Were you able to get a lounger for the solarium? Thanks!

• 11 months later...

I have a booking for 16001 for a summer 2016 sailing and noticed

on my costco confirmation the note

"The view from this stateroom is partially obstructed by a lifeboat or other deck equipment."

I've stayed in room 16003 before and never noticed an obstruction.

Is this an error on costco's part?

Thanks

The cabin faces forward, and there are no obstructions. The deck is enclosed, perhaps that is something to consider. The room is wider than it's neighbors, which is quite nice. Here is a link to a video that should help you--

Hopefully, it works. Have fun!

Edited by 6kitties

Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to check to see if anything changed since it went under refurbishment back in Oct 2015.

Has anyone been on the ship in rooms 16000 16001 16003 after

the refurb to confirm whether or not the front has changed?

In a picture post refurb the front looks different

http://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-epic-back-in-action-after-3-week-refurbishment/8779