Roatan - not for solo tourists in regards to tours?????

Irishman45

Just doing some research for our trip as well as a friend who will be sailing before us as a solo.

Is it me or do solo travelers get royally screwed??? I've contacted most of the tour guide companies people have used from these boards and all of them remain at the same price for a solo as they do for a couple.

Wouldn't expect 1/2 price for a solo but atleast a slight discount from the price of a couple.

I guess a standard taxi is best for people going solo.

Just doing some research for our trip as well as a friend who will be sailing before us as a solo.

Is it me or do solo travelers get royally screwed??? I've contacted most of the tour guide companies people have used from these boards and all of them remain at the same price for a solo as they do for a couple.

Wouldn't expect 1/2 price for a solo but atleast a slight discount from the price of a couple.

Heck no, most places there is a single supplement.. which means more not less. Your friend could get into one of the roll calls to sort out people doing the same thing. If your friend is docking in Coxen Hole hop a mini bus to West End then a land taxi to West Bay. Hitch a ride with someone who is already going. There are all kinds of ways to get to where you want to go if ya think outside the box a little bit.

I got "stuck" in a small town in Ireland one year...long story.. in the end I walked to a cafe and asked if anyone in the place would be willing to get me to the next town with a bus stop.. someone stepped up..wacky thing I ended up having dinner, going to the dog races and staying the night with them. Adventure..I do love that stuff. :D

Bodden has a "highlights" type tour for $25 per person (even for singles) I believe... we always take a private tour, but this group-tour with others seems to be a good deal (tour, monkeys, time at West Bay)

I can understand a singles supplement but making it full price for a 2nd person who isn't there to me is just a ripoff. All the other islands I have helped book for them offer "PRIVATE" tours with a single supplement equaling out to be atleast 30% less than the price for 2 people.

VB highlights tour would be a good choice however the ship is only in port for 5hrs and they are very clear if the ship is in port for an unusually short time some stops might be skipped.(tour schedule says it takes 4hr45min) As with a private tour alone they wouldnt be out voted or forced to skip what they want to do, they can pick which stop to shorten which would probably be the time spent at the beach.

I can understand a singles supplement but making it full price for a 2nd person who isn't there to me is just a ripoff. All the other islands I have helped book for them offer "PRIVATE" tours with a single supplement equaling out to be atleast 30% less than the price for 2 people.

VB highlights tour would be a good choice however the ship is only in port for 5hrs and they are very clear if the ship is in port for an unusually short time some stops might be skipped.(tour schedule says it takes 4hr45min) As with a private tour alone they wouldnt be out voted or forced to skip what they want to do, they can pick which stop to shorten which would probably be the time spent at the beach.

You are an informed person... good on you. :)

I never really understood pricing for such things... if I want to do a thing bad enough I pay for the privilege. :)

Archived