Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

I went on their website. Which of the size categories did you use?

I went to “General purpose signs- browse templates” then I went to “All-purpose signs” and they were both in there. The “Team bride” one was 16x24 and the wedding one was 24x36. I have to used them yet we cruise on 5/13 i will let you know how they work!:p

Does anyone know if the cabin doors on freedom are metal?

So far I have to "canadian" buttons, a "birthday girl" ribbon, still need a "50th" birthday decoration

AND

still need 30th anniversary decoration.

I found a picture of Tarzan swinging on a vine doing his scream and one of Jane with her hands up his loin cloth swinging from there and wrote over top "still hanging after 30 years"

Too racy? Opinions on that please.

I found a picture of Tarzan swinging on a vine doing his scream and one of Jane with her hands up his loin cloth swinging from there and wrote over top "still hanging after 30 years"

Too racy? Opinions on that please.

Racier than I'd expect from a Canadian, though I love the idea and think you should totally do it!

I agree with alot of other posts about how easy it is to find your room! I have never done it but plan to on my next cruise. Will be traveling w/out the children so there may be much more drinking involved!! lol.. :D

I always decorate my cabin door.. however by mid cruise it grows legs and walks away or wings and flew away...lol :rolleyes:

Last cruise I had had a cute sign with a monkey on it "Welcome to the Jungle."

Cathy

I decorate our cabin doors and balcony windows for us and those traveling with us. Last Halloween we were banging on a door because of the decorations..Oops they had the same decorations as we used on friends door. We cruise alot on holidays so that makes decorating easier. In August we will go with beachy type decorations. It is fun and makes finding cabins easier.

We decorate the door. Our rooms are usually visible from the elevators so when you get off you know which way to go. On our hawaii trip I took down the decorations on the night before we got off and heard people say, " Which way do we go". I know I get confused so it helps me not to get turned around.

1684551424_doordechawaii.jpg.98ccd7cd12c7fc460228959ea775c77d.jpg

I love all the pictures :) very creative!

My whole family thinks I am nuts since I started to buy stuff for our doors lol, our local dollar store has so much tropical themed items and the like that i couldn't help it!!!.

So far I have a cute wooden sign that says it's five o'clock somewhere with a little martini glass :D and a rainbow themed lei, some fishing nets and tropical fish I am so excited!!!. Now hopefully it will all come together somehow.

We have decorated in the past. Why? Because it's fun for me- especially when it's interactive. For example... hanging Mardi Gras beads from the door handle when you go to sleep and waking up to find a few strands gone. Made somebody happy- I'm sure they knew they were out there to take.

For those who criticize the practice- people could have a lot worse enjoyments.

We have never decorated our door.

One thing I have noticed.....by the end of the week, several of doors we notice that are decorated end up getting "vandlized" (LOL). Things get torn down, stolen, written on, etc. I wouldn't put anything out with too much value (sentimental or otherwise).

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone mess with or move your decorations? If I used a sports team magnet, do you think a rival fan would touch it?

Anything is possible. I would not put up anything that is valuable or irreplaceable.

I never do it and my opinion is that the whole idea is totally dumb. After all, the doors have numbers so you should not need decorations to find your room.

DON

I agree and would never do it either, but, hey, to each their own. If this is something that will make someone's vacation better, go for it. Someone else's decorations won't ruin my cruise :)

we have been on 45 cruises and always decorate our doors. It is a family project before we go and everyone enjoys looking for different things to put on the doors. We find a lot of items at the Dollar store and yes sometimes they do disappear (but usually not till the last nite) we take pictures in front of the door and then scrapbook with them. this is my first time to try and attach a picture. Hope it works:p

dot1516960671_sundoorcc(4).jpg.fbe590c07f1da41060a9d5631fa7780e.jpg

587788145_dreamcc(2).jpg.cc667e5eacef2905c75011b24c13add6.jpg

We decorated our door for the first time on our last cruise because I read about it on the boards. We also decorated my parent's door and my sister's door and they both seemed to like it too. For me, it wasn't a matter of not being able to find our room w/o it (we were the 2nd door aft so it couldn't have been easier to find), but it was just something fun to do and it made me smile each time I saw it (since my son spent a lot of time cutting everything out and helping me plan it). It was also nice to hear people comment as they walked by and saw it and see that it made them smile. It definitely made it easier to remember which cabins belonged to family members so I didn't have to worry I might be knocking on the wrong door.

I think it depends where you are on the ship as to whether your stuff will disappear...but I wouldn't put anything out there that would upset you if it walked. None of the stuff was touched on our door at all and I think it was because we had an aft balcony. The only people walking past were the people in the other aft balconies. However, every single thing had disappeared off my sister's door by the end of the week. She was mid-ship and so many people walked by late at night after partying...stuff didn't usually disappear during the day.

Here is our door from our cruise on The Legend last month. I was a little disappointed because my sign got CRUSHED in my luggage from the port when I put it in, to our room, (1st time that happened). But oh well. Still was cute! I got a fish net as well as palm tree at the dollar tree, but didnt use the net because I thought it wouldve been to much.

P1000430-vi.jpg

P1000431-vi.jpg

A lot of people who DO NOT decorate their doors, thank us and say it makes it easier for them to know they are going down the right hall when they see the decorations. We try to add something new each day and many people notice that too. For us it is fun; not for everybody. Some have things they do that we would never do. Part of what makes the world go round.

dot

Personally I wouldn't expend the energy to decorate our door and in the past I thought it was a bit tacky. But, on our recent Spirit cruise our neighbors did their door (totally covered it with pictures and posters) and found myself looking at it and enjoying it. Some of the pictures cracked me up! I don't understand those who feel a need to vandalize someone else's door who obviously spent a lot of time working on it.