Now I really want to go on a cruise

virginialucy

I've never been on a cruise before, but I've been thinking about it, and last night I went to an event (non-cruise related) at Black Falcon Terminal in Boston, and now I really want to go! Unfortunately, circumstances are preventing me from cruising in the near future, but I'm hoping things will pick up soon and I can go sometime next year. But for now I will be living vicariously through all of you :(

I've never been on a cruise before, but I've been thinking about it, and last night I went to an event (non-cruise related) at Black Falcon Terminal in Boston, and now I really want to go! Unfortunately, circumstances are preventing me from cruising in the near future, but I'm hoping things will pick up soon and I can go sometime next year. But for now I will be living vicariously through all of you :(

It is good to spend time reading the various board and learn more about the characteristics of different lines, their ships, itineraries and the people. Learn more about the different type of cabin, different pricing, type of facilities onboard, entertainment, food, excursion, etc. There are so many things to learn, which can be overwhelming to start with, but is fun too. IMO there is no such thing as "the best ship or the best line", but you can learn more from here about their differences and then find one that you think can be the best match to your preference.

Boston has convenient cruises (especially for us in New England:)) to Bermuda and Canada. Remember, you can save money by cruising in the shoulder seasons (spring and fall) as opposed to summer, save a lot by booking an inside cabin, book a short sailing (Carnival has 4 and 5 day sailings from Boston to Canada beginning this summer), or find an agent who may have a block of cabins booked with a promotion like cash back or a bottle of wine. There are lots of ways to save money and a cruise out of Boston may not be as high as you think. So when you're ready, start searching.:)

That is how we all get our "cruise fixes" in-between our cruises. We come here.

Hopefully your current circumstances will soon be a thing of the past and you will be counting the months (or days) until you get to go on your first cruise.

Archived