Sydney harbor bridge climbs

Does anybody know if one can climb the bridge the day after new year, specifically January 2, 2013? We'll be in port on crystal symphony 31 December until nightfall on 2 January and would like to do the climb. Emails to the climb website email address are not replied to and we live in California so hard to call.

Any idea even if only based on past experience would be greatly appreciated. Might also be interested for January 1, 2013.

Thanks!

Rocky and Dave

Hi, pleased you are coming over...I did a dummy booking and it accepted it without any problem. Lots of information on the site..hope this helps. The bridge climb is magnificant..you will remember it for a long time...that time of year I would do the twilight climb.

http://www.sydney.visitorsbureau.com.au/tours/sydney_sightseeing/bridge_climb.html

Sue

We are planning on doing the climb in mid February. What time of day would folks recommend? And... should reservations be made ahead of time or do we wait and see what the weather is like?

We had been planning to do the bridge climb, watching videos, reading websites, etc. and it does look awesome. BUT now realize that you are not allowed to take a camera with you (thinking about this, it does make sense). DH doesn't like heights, but the photo opportunity was too great to miss...darn, we cancelled those plans.:(

We had been planning to do the bridge climb, watching videos, reading websites, etc. and it does look awesome. BUT now realize that you are not allowed to take a camera with you (thinking about this, it does make sense). DH doesn't like heights, but the photo opportunity was too great to miss...darn, we cancelled those plans.:(

I would not cancel...the reason you cant take your own camera..or anything else loose is that it is potential leathal if accidentally dropped on the busy roadway below. You will get a complimentary photo of your climbing group and there are plenty of shots of the view available...it is totally awesome..trust me if you pass up the opportunity just for the sake of taking your own shots,..you will regret it.

Sue

Quick question Sue,

Thinking of going for concert at the opera house January 1, 2013 evening? Nothing listed on the opera house site. Do you have an idea when they may release information for new years day gala performances and how I might get tickets or make an online booking? Would appreciate your advice.

Dave

Quick question Sue,

Thinking of going for concert at the opera house January 1, 2013 evening? Nothing listed on the opera house site. Do you have an idea when they may release information for new years day gala performances and how I might get tickets or make an online booking? Would appreciate your advice.

Dave

Heres a link where you can book performances and watch for dates...I suspect the dates are just not available yet..not sure when they are released. If you are around the Opera House during the day make sure you talk a walk around the Harbours edge to Mrs. Macquaries chair...beautiful views of the harbour..

http://www.viator.com/tours/Sydney/Opera-Performance-at-the-Sydney-Opera-House/d357-2554SYDLBO

Happy to help we love visitors...

Sue

Archived