Weather in Halifax/St. John in Aug?

Does anyone have any experience with the weather in Halifax and St. John in August?

My oldest is going to be really disappointed if it's not hot. Doesn't have to be NY/Aug hot.

?

Thanks in advance!

I live in Halifax and generally August is our nicest (hottest) month. 25-30 degrees Celsius. It is often humid. However, we can also have rain, wind, cool days and even hurricaines so bring your rain gear but expect to wear shorts. The ocean is always cool to swim in near Halifax.

do you mean Saint John, New Brunswick (similar to Halifax weather) or St. John's Newfoundland (usually not as hot as Halifax)?

We have sailed b-to-b Boston to Montreal to Boston every summer for years and stop in Halifax twice each time. We've been very lucky with weather warm enough for shorts and t-shirts and mostly dry days during our calls. Sure, a few times we've had some rain and/or a cooler temp but chances are very good for beautiful weather.

We love Halifax and walking along the boardwalk from the dock.

It's lovely.

do you mean Saint John, New Brunswick

Yes! Thanks for the info- off yo look up C verses F LOL

Hi,

I live in Moncton, NB (about 2 hours from Saint John) and we tend to get temperatures in the 80 to 90 F range towards the end of July and into August! You may see some fog in the early morning, but it burns off by noon! Enjoy!!!!

Archived