boarding document question

When filling out the forms for boarding, it asks for insurer, telephone and policy number. Is this our cruise insurance or health insurance? It is not clear.

Thanks for your help.

Suze

Rhapsody 5/8/05

NCL Sea May 2000

I have no idea and haven´t heard a straight answer on here.

My advice is always, as it´s not an required field just leave it blank. I do so as I also don´t know which insurance it is for and why they want to know.

Maybe and that´s the only reason I could think about that they ask it´s for the people that booked travel insurance through the cruise line.

Sorry I can´t help you any better.

I would actually think it was for health insurance. Just like when you go to the emergency room. Most health insurance requires you to contact them within X number of hours in an emergency,, because they might have to approve/negotiate terms with an "out of network provider" and all that other stuff.

I believe it is for the Travel Insurance I like the others I haven't gotten a straight answer. The only problem with mine the Insurance # that is given to me does not fit in the space provided it is too long. So I just left the policy # info blank.

Guest nhrich

Just leave it blank. The cruise line isn't going to do the insurance paperwork, so why tell them. IMHO, they just put that to see how much business they're losing to third party travel insurance companies.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Just leave it blank. The cruise line isn't going to do the insurance paperwork, so why tell them. IMHO, they just put that to see how much business they're losing to third party travel insurance companies.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Rich (above) may be right because I booked my cruise through Royal's website and also bought my insurance from them. When I filled out my pre boarding stuff online, I don't recall seeing a question about insurance policy #'s etc.

Thanks for all of your help with this. I wasn't sure what to do. I think I'll just write it in (health and travel) on the papers I take with me and leave with my family at home, so they will be easily accessible if needed.

Suze

Rhapsody 5/8/05

NCL Sea May 2000

RCI is not clear about this, but I think it is for travel insurance. In any case, if RCI is not your insurer, just leave it blank! We give away far too much information about ourselves just because someone asks for it. Bottom line is that if RCI isn't going to fill out the paperwork and pay the bills, it's none of their business.

(Just a little pet peeve of mine--off my soapbox now)

beachchick

Archived