Pirate Ship Day Cruise, Puerto Vallarta

aussie2324

Can someone let me know if they have booked this tour "Pirate Ship Day Cruise, Puerto Vallarta". If so was it direct through the cruiseline CCL or can it be booked through an independent? There will be 8 of us booking and it is a $200 difference between the Cruiseline and the independent:eek:

We've vacationed in PV quite a few times. When our son was about 11 we booked the Marigalante (Pirate Ship) daytime tour. Urrrr Matey....fun on board, pirates do a whole routine, good clean fun for the whole family ..as they say. We spent the afternoon at Caletas, where we could snorkel, kayak, bbq lunch, etc. Since we weren't on a cruise we just booked it via Vallarta Adventures. We've also used this company for the zipline tours (2 different one's). We were last in PV in August 2009. Took a taxi to the older part of town, past the Rio Cuale. We have always felt safe...well, the taxi rides have caused us to hold on and buckle up:p

Obviously, I say book it yourself. That's ridiculous to pay

$200 more..IMHO. In case you didn't know the "Pirate Ship" has the adult party ship to Caletas for evenings...which means the daytime ship has to be back.

Ok, got the Caletas by Day mixed up with Marigalante. But, it's still basically the same. Both offer day & night fun boats.

In your case the pirate ship will be going to Majahuitas Beach...but it's still your same basic fun activities. The Head Pirate will be on the beach, as well his matey's. The lunch was served downstairs in the pirate ship. At the beach they offered drinks, and shade. We brought beach towels from our resort. So, I would recommend bringing something to sit on....a beach matt or towel. :)

Thanks for your help. I actually recieved an email from "Pirates of the Bay". And Carnival have exclusive rights on the day we are in port. So we have to book through CCL. CCL $99.99 per adult $69.99 per child through POTB $75.00 per adult $35.50 per child. Hell of a mark up. Can understand it for adults, it has an open bar. But the kids price is a bit steep..But the kids want to do it. So we will have pay up or miss out. We are coming from Australia so it is not like we can do it another time.

We did this tour in 2007 but did the night time one--my children are the grown type LOL but heard great things about the day time tour. The food was great and the entertainment fantastic. I did not drink but thought it was well worth the price. Have a great time. I agree with the poster that said they felt safe but hold on for the taxi cab ride. My youngest is the fastest driver around but she was extremely intimidated!

We just cruised on the Splendor 4/15 to 4/22 and booked the Pirates by the Bay on our own and highly recommend it. We did the day show and enjoyed it alot. Much cheaper than booking thru the cruiseline.:D

We just cruised on the Splendor 4/15 to 4/22 and booked the Pirates by the Bay on our own and highly recommend it. We did the day show and enjoyed it alot. Much cheaper than booking thru the cruiseline.:D

So you booked independently ? The people at the Pirate Ship Company told me I could not even book through them. CCL has chartered the whole ship and we have to book through them

We did it last year also but cruised on Disney. I was able to book on my own and we had a great day! Our friends who cruised with us booked through Disney and had a terrible time, way too many people. Our kids loved the fact that they could get unlimited virgin pina coladas and strawberry marguaritas. The food was really good too. Good luck with booking.

Yes we booked independently. I think we were only one of a few groups from the ship, most people were staying at resorts. Carnival probably didnt book them that day. Don't know. Sorry

Archived