Pirate Ship Day Cruise, Puerto Vallarta

aussie2324

Can someone let me know if they have booked this tour "Pirate Ship Day Cruise, Puerto Vallarta". If so was it direct through the cruiseline CCL or can it be booked through an independent? There will be 8 of us booking and it is a $200 difference between the Cruiseline and the independent:eek:

I have booked this tour, not thru Carnival thru cabosanlucastours dot net they dont like webpage addresses here so change the dot to the real dot

I've used them in the past and had a great time, cheaper and more fun! then the Carnival one

I leave in a week cant wait!

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Replace the Cabo San Lucas tours with Puerto Vallarta tours (same company). I have used them in the past and they are pretty good although we did ot go on the pirate excursion but the folks on the pirate excursion sure sounded as though they were having a heck of a good time!

ChipQ http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I just booked this pirate shore excursion through viato when we are in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. For the both of us it was 170.00.

I was going to get tickets through Puerto vallarta tours as they said we could and it was no problem. I was a bit iffy about it as I had heard OP on CC had been told the same thing and had to get a refund from the other tour companies because CCL charters the whole ship. I also contacted the actual "Pirates ship" company in Puerto Vallarta here is their reply below..

Ahoy Tracey,

Thanks for contacting us and to choose us as an option of Sun and Adventure during your vacation.

We do have an exclusivity with Carnival every Thursday, therefore since Carnival are Chartering my Pirate Ship, you have to booked directly with them.

Many thanks and if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Sandra

Pirates Of The Bay English

I just booked this pirate shore excursion through viato when we are in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. For the both of us it was 170.00.

Let us know how that goes. Curious to see if they refund you like others are stating or if it is good to go. We also purchased through Viator for later in the year.

• 3 months later...

We had the same problem when we tried to book directly online. We called them and they told my husband to just book for the day before and put in the notes that we wanted to go on Thursday and then they would send us confirmation for the Thursday.

My husband was nervous about this and ended up booking through Carnival, but you may want to call them directly and ask. ;)

I see that this excursion is available in PV thru Carnival, but its not listed thru Carnival in Cabo. The one in PV is 6 hours and the one in Cabo is 3.5hrs. Has anyone taken the one in Cabo, its way cheaper and you dont book it thru the cruise line, its avail. thru cabosanlucastours dot net

When I booked with Viator, it told me the vendor was Grey Line Puerto Vallarta. I have reconfirmed with them that the info is correct. Maybe there is more than one Pirate Shop tour in PV?

There is one, and only one, "pirate ship" operation sailing out of Puerto Vallarta. http://www.pirateshipvallarta.com/

They have a day time family excursion that "sails" across Baneras Bay to the south shore. They have an evening excursion that is an adult booze cruise that "sails" just off the city itself.

As a general rule ... the excursion operators in Vallarta, that contract with the cruise industry, have a provision in their contract that prevents them from selling direct to cruise ship passengers if the ship sells the same excursion. More and more third party excursion brokers have had this provision forced on them too.

The cruise industry often puts a hold on the excursion slots for the day that they are scheduled to be in port. I have been told that they release the hold on unsold slots as/when they are pulling into the port.

So, here's the deal ... Anybody sold tickets to the pirate ship by a third party tour broker (such as viator or puertovallartatours) may find themselves being told at the last minute that the excursion is/was sold out for that day and here is your money back. Others may wait until they get off the ship and be able to book slots that have just been released by the cruise ship.

My advice ... if this is one of those bucket list items that you really want to do, then book it through the ship. Everything else is just a gamble.

I see that this excursion is available in PV thru Carnival, but its not listed thru Carnival in Cabo. The one in PV is 6 hours and the one in Cabo is 3.5hrs. Has anyone taken the one in Cabo, its way cheaper and you dont book it thru the cruise line, its avail. thru cabosanlucastours dot net

The PV excursion, aboard the Marigalante, is well established and has a substantial ground operation on the south shore of Banderas Bay. This is a family oriented excursion with many activities on land and in the water along the south shore. http://www.pirateshipvallarta.com/

The CSL priate ship, aboard the Buccaneer Queen, is relatively new. The excursion is all about the ship with either whale watching or snorkeling, depending on the season. It appears to be more of a booze cruise than a family activity. http://www.buccaneerloscabos.com/

Enjoy!

The PV excursion, aboard the Marigalante, is well established and has a substantial ground operation on the south shore of Banderas Bay. This is a family oriented excursion with many activities on land and in the water along the south shore. http://www.pirateshipvallarta.com/

The CSL priate ship, aboard the Buccaneer Queen, is relatively new. The excursion is all about the ship with either whale watching or snorkeling, depending on the season. It appears to be more of a booze cruise than a family activity. http://www.buccaneerloscabos.com/

Enjoy!

Thank you for that info, that is exactly what I was looking for. There seems to be more excursions we wanted to do in PV, and was hoping to do the pirate ship in Cabo instead, but I will be traveling with my 12 yr old so we will stick with the pirates in PV.

Thank you for that info, that is exactly what I was looking for. There seems to be more excursions we wanted to do in PV, and was hoping to do the pirate ship in Cabo instead, but I will be traveling with my 12 yr old so we will stick with the pirates in PV.

I don't think you will regret your decision. In Cabo, I highly recommend the Sea of Cortez snorkeling excursion that Carnival offers, especially if you and your 12-year-old enjoy snorkeling. The catamaran is really nice and the crew takes incredible care of the guests. The excursion offers all the drinks you want (bottled water, soft drinks, bear, mixed drinks) and a delicious homemade lunch (they served us homemade guacomole, homemade salsa, chips, and tuna and ham sandwiches.) The crew played fun party music and my daughters loved hanging out on the netting on the front deck of the boat. I selected this excursion because it had the most time on the boat of the similar excursions, as Cabo is, in my opinion, all about the water. So, if you enjoy boating and snorkeling, I recommend this excursion.

Archived