Manchester to Rome on day of cruise?

MACKAM

I honestly do not know about flights from Manchester to Rome, however, when we cruise we always try to stay a night before in the port of departure. You just never know with flights if there will be a cancellation or delay, so we would rather be safe than sorry.

WOW How good is this site,thanks so much for the speedy reply,did not really want to spend a an overnight in Rome it adds so much to the cruise

One further point is it be better to book the flight with Celebrity or book direct.Once again Many Thanks

As posted earlier, there is a Celebrity flight that gets you there on time, but all the standard flights are 2-legs which is high risk to do on the day of a cruise, and especially when the airport is so far from the port, as in this case.

Any, and I mean Any, issue or delay and you miss the start of the cruise.

We Always fly into the port the day before the cruise (or a few days and enjoy the city) excpet when we can drive. Heck, even when we drive to S Florida (from the Fla Panhandle which is a 10+ hr drive, we spend a night getting there.

It adds to the cost, but cuts Way down on the stress. Picture yourself the day before the cruise, checking weather, flights and thinking about alternatives When you get hung up.

Celebrity-sponsored flight sounds OK, but if not that, then I strongly recommend flying in before.....I love helping people spend their money!

Den

WOW How good is this site,thanks so much for the speedy reply,did not really want to spend a an overnight in Rome it adds so much to the cruise

One further point is it be better to book the flight with Celebrity or book direct.Once again Many Thanks

Hi we also live in the UK and have cruised from Rome, several times, we never stay the night before in Rome, we may stay the night before at an airport hotel, as the price is usually the same as car parking alone!!!

If you get a flight between 7-9 am you should be fine. If you book your own flights you will also have to pay for your transfer to the ship, about 30 euros per person for Fumincino to Port on a shuttle/taxi.

We nearly always book our own flights for Europe as they are much cheaper and we can fly back at a time that suits us, no hanging around airports for 6-7 hours after the cruise.

Jean

I hope there is enough time, the 7am flight is the one Celebrity have booked us on! We are staying at Manchester Airport night before as another poster said, it costs as much to park the car anyway. :rolleyes:

Did it last year, we had Jet2 flights leaving at 7am. Stayed at the Crowne plaza for a great price. Got to Rome and then transferred to the shuttle provided by the cruiseline. We were onboard by 12.00 and into our stateroom by 13:00.

I hope there is enough time, the 7am flight is the one Celebrity have booked us on! We are staying at Manchester Airport night before as another poster said, it costs as much to park the car anyway. :rolleyes:

You will be fine. If you have booked the flight and cruise with Celebrity, this counts as a package holiday under UK travel regulations, so if there are any problems X will have to sort them out for you.

Have a great cruise.

Don't ever fly to a cruise the day it departs. We ALWAYS fly in at least one day before. We live in San Francisco and even when we cruise out of Los Angeles, we fly in the night before. It alleviates so much stress and it's a great way to begin your trip. Too many variables can affect the flight and/or luggage getting to the ship ontime. If you book with the cruise line's flights, there is less to worry about because if there are delays, the cruise line will take care of it. But I still strongly suggest not to fly in the same day.

Michael

Archived