Same boat twice

ginger123snaps

We live near Galveston. We have 3 kids ages 4, 4, 2. DH and I used to cruise all the time before we had kids..so we have seen most of the carribean ports. We recently went on the Carnival Magic and had a blast. Has anyone cruised the same ship twice? If so did your kids get bored? Just wondering if the sameness of the boat would get old with the kids...you know same kids club...same activities...etc.

I don't cruise enough to say same ship or port, but I put vacation there like going to a fine resturant. Some things are the same, maybe many things but they don't stop you from having a blast.

We've made it a tradition to go to the same place every winter/spring for almost a decade, eat at the same places, do the same thing time and again, but always fun!!

Some like variety and different things, but doing the same thing can be equally fun, and when kids are younger building family traditions can be a good thing, or set expectations :eek:

Haven't done it yet, but would return to some of our curises in a heartbeat. It's no different than doing anything twice is it? Don't your kids enjoy going to the same stores, schools, playgrounds, etc... more than once?

I used to go to the same summer camps as a child and loved each time better than the one before it.

Even if the boat is the same, things will be different: room, shows, activities you missed the first time, people...

At the ages your kids are, will they even remember the time they went before?

We haven't taken kids on the same ship, but dh and I have done several ships twice and we weren't board. If we can do it and still love it, I'm sure they can. Think of it this way - how many times have they watched the same movie over and over again.:)

We have cruised on a repeat ship several times with our kids. Never had any issue with them getting bored. Over the years we have seen a few of the shows multiple times and they don't even mind that! LOL

Thanks everyone for your responses. Cruising on the Magic again will be in our future. It just doesn't make sense to pay for airfare when we can cruise from Galveston. Our kids aren't all that interested in the ports..and we have seen most. Once again...thanks for all your responses.

We live near Galveston. We have 3 kids ages 4, 4, 2. DH and I used to cruise all the time before we had kids..so we have seen most of the carribean ports. We recently went on the Carnival Magic and had a blast. Has anyone cruised the same ship twice? If so did your kids get bored? Just wondering if the sameness of the boat would get old with the kids...you know same kids club...same activities...etc.

We've been in the Pride twice (2 different destinations) & I am thinking about booking for her third itinerary. (But I am also thinking about the RCCL ship/itinerary that also leave Baltimore.)

Archived