24 Hour Airport Taxi to Galveston - reliable?

bdkb

anyone use them recently for transportation from Hobby to Galveston? The website has decent rates but can't find any recent reviews on them. Are they reliable? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Website info:

DISTANCE:
41 Miles

TRAVEL TIME:
Approx. 47 minutes

HOBBY to GALVESTON:

Taxi: $85.00

Town Car: $90.00

SUV: $95.00

(All Prices Quoted per Car Load)

24hrairporttaxi.com

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. I used this shuttle to get from Houston Hobby to Galveston. We got an suv for 7 for $95 one way. The guy who owns the website for "houston 24 hr taxi" doesn't own the business and he's not really a dispatcher. He gets the reservations, then calls the drivers who are independent owners. The drivers are very polite, but the guy who owns the website is the rudest person I have ever talked to. Our driver told us that the call center guy makes hundreds of customers angry and he doesn't know how to treat people respectfully.

Our flight was at 3:30pm in houston. The call center guy yelled at me for not calling at 7am when we got in port. Then he said he would have a driver there in 1 1/2 hours. We proceeded immediately to debark the ship. Then he called and said he would have a driver there in 10 minutes. It took almost 2 hours to get through the lines for customs. By the time I got out of customs, he told us that we would be charged for the waiting time. Excuse me, but I was planning on having 1 1/2 hours to get through customs. Some yelling and swearing ensued and I was going to call Supershuttle for a ride.

Then we met the driver who is the most polite, sweet, respectful man. His name was Hamid. He apoligized for the call center guy and explained how he makes many people angry. I got his direct number so we can deal with him directly. His company is called Cypress shuttle. His website should be up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a cruise out of Galveston. We had a transfer set up with Houston 24 Hour Airport Taxi and Town Car service. They never showed. We called their 24/7 hotline numbers that they had given us and unbelievably we got a message telling us to call back during office hours, 9-5. Somehow, I think the term 24/7 has a different meaning to them. We ended up taking a taxi and if we ever cruise out of Galveston again, we will just use the taxi services at the airport.

I've tried to contact Houston 24 Airport Taxi and Town Car service by phone and e-mail, to no avail. Beware when booking transfers and do not use Houston 24 Hour Airport Taxi and Town Car, they're all promises and no show.

• 1 year later...

I wish I had read this before wasting my time. Their quote on the phone was $15 over what was on the site because of "Obama" :confused: then they were going to charge $10 more for an additional stop 1 mile away...Okay.

When I called to confirm 2 weeks later they couldn't find my reservation, were going to charge me $10 more than the original quote, started talking about some $20 fee into the Port of Houston and then this same dude went on some "Obama" and Obamacare" rant. Yes, rant. I kid you not. What in the world the President has to do with me trying to book a transfer in Houston I'll never know, but in every way the interaction was either unprofessional, creepy or both.

Needless to say I booked my transfer with NCL instead with a price that stays the same! Go figure. ;)

I'd stay far, far away from that "business" that doesn't know how to conduct business.

I wish I had read this before wasting my time. Their quote on the phone was $15 over what was on the site because of "Obama" :confused: then they were going to charge $10 more for an additional stop 1 mile away...Okay.

When I called to confirm 2 weeks later they couldn't find my reservation, were going to charge me $10 more than the original quote, started talking about some $20 fee into the Port of Houston and then this same dude went on some "Obama" and Obamacare" rant. Yes, rant. I kid you not. What in the world the President has to do with me trying to book a transfer in Houston I'll never know, but in every way the interaction was either unprofessional, creepy or both.

Needless to say I booked my transfer with NCL instead with a price that stays the same! Go figure. ;)

I'd stay far, far away from that "business" that doesn't know how to conduct business.

Obama is to blame for everything bad in TX and the world just so you know. It is actually quite comical and tiring at the same time at how the folks here can spin anything to blame him. If you really want to laugh and shake your head just go to the Houston Chronicle's website and read the "reader comments" they make the Negative Nellies on here look downright cheery.