PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

I can totally sympathize!;) Maybe we should put a porta potty in your bedroom!

LOL I was imagining a Chamber Pot like in ye olde times...

July 28 I'm leaves for Destin, FL stay in 7 days before my bestie friend Catie go to Oregon for camp!!

Hi Taylor!

Gerri McLaughlin submitted this to John Heald on Facebook today. This is VERY alarming to me as it could be the beginning of many problems created by Government agencies in Port cities. This is recent from Port Canaveral so it isn't affecting us yet. BUT! If they get away with this, what is to stop Port authorities in Miami, Everglades, Jacksonville, or Tampa from jumping on the Bandwagon and doing this? As you can see, the Council Members didn't even have any facts about the proposal until the meeting started. Looks like the Port Authority just went ahead and snuck this in very sneakily. The ONLY thing the Port didn't get was to get existing Parking Operators shut down!

Gerri McLaughlin posts:

John, The city of Pt Canaveral has voted to charge the off-site parking lots a shuttle fee of $50 to transport passengers from their lots to the port and back. This has upset many of the passengers who use these lots to save some money as the port itself charges people an extra day when using their parking lots. For example, if a cruise is 7 nights, the port charges 8 days, 4 days for a 3 night etc. So, in fact they are double charging for every cruise where people use their lot. Do you know if anyone at all has consulted Carnival before doing the study that was presented to the port authority this week? Also, don't we already pay something to the port as a port charge when we sail from there? I realize the area is economically in poor shape with the loss of the space program, but this seems to me is going to be hurting more people. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Article about the news posted by Gerri McLaughlin :

The Canaveral Port Authority board voted today to stop issuing new permits to operators of park-and-ride services to the port.

Commissioners see this as a way to help stop the erosion of port parking revenue, which is a major source of profit for Port Canaveral.

In addition, commissioners approved a new $50-per-trip fee on current providers of such park-and-ride operations, including local hotels and owners of parking lots.

The vote was 3-2, with Vice Chairman Tom Weinberg and Secretary-Treasurer Jerry Allender voting no. They felt they should have had more time to consider the options, which they first received during the meeting.

The commission stopped short of its parking consultant's recommendation to revoke all permits for current parking providers

Hi All,

I'm good, just in Atlanta with my daughter, sister and brother. My daughter purchased her first home on Wednesday, so we're helping her get everything set-up. Be back on Sunday.

Glad to hear everything is okay. Was wondering about you! Have a good time in Atlanta!

Gerri McLaughlin submitted this to John Heald on Facebook today. This is VERY alarming to me as it could be the beginning of many problems created by Government agencies in Port cities. This is recent from Port Canaveral so it isn't affecting us yet. BUT! If they get away with this, what is to stop Port authorities in Miami, Everglades, Jacksonville, or Tampa from jumping on the Bandwagon and doing this? As you can see, the Council Members didn't even have any facts about the proposal until the meeting started. Looks like the Port Authority just went ahead and snuck this in very sneakily. The ONLY thing the Port didn't get was to get existing Parking Operators shut down!

Gerri McLaughlin posts:

John, The city of Pt Canaveral has voted to charge the off-site parking lots a shuttle fee of $50 to transport passengers from their lots to the port and back. This has upset many of the passengers who use these lots to save some money as the port itself charges people an extra day when using their parking lots. For example, if a cruise is 7 nights, the port charges 8 days, 4 days for a 3 night etc. So, in fact they are double charging for every cruise where people use their lot. Do you know if anyone at all has consulted Carnival before doing the study that was presented to the port authority this week? Also, don't we already pay something to the port as a port charge when we sail from there? I realize the area is economically in poor shape with the loss of the space program, but this seems to me is going to be hurting more people. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Article about the news posted by Gerri McLaughlin :

The Canaveral Port Authority board voted today to stop issuing new permits to operators of park-and-ride services to the port.

Commissioners see this as a way to help stop the erosion of port parking revenue, which is a major source of profit for Port Canaveral.

In addition, commissioners approved a new $50-per-trip fee on current providers of such park-and-ride operations, including local hotels and owners of parking lots.

The vote was 3-2, with Vice Chairman Tom Weinberg and Secretary-Treasurer Jerry Allender voting no. They felt they should have had more time to consider the options, which they first received during the meeting.

The commission stopped short of its parking consultant's recommendation to revoke all permits for current parking providers

I seen that. The ports already charge a ridiculous amount for the parking. There have been cruises that we have looked at and if we were to park at the port it would be more than what the actual cruise cost for one person.:eek: Would love to sail out of NY but do not want to pay $35 a night for parking:eek: so we avoid NY ports. I would think this ruling would hurt them more than not.

Hi All,

I'm good, just in Atlanta with my daughter, sister and brother. My daughter purchased her first home on Wednesday, so we're helping her get everything set-up. Be back on Sunday.

Lois you will be pooped !

First homes are exciting though/

Mornin all !

Wild wet weather is on the way, grrr

Cant remember if I told y'all my dryer went out yesterday---the house looks like aCinese laundry lol

Just staying in and chilling today

All have a great day :)

I seen that. The ports already charge a ridiculous amount for the parking. There have been cruises that we have looked at and if we were to park at the port it would be more than what the actual cruise cost for one person.:eek: Would love to sail out of NY but do not want to pay $35 a night for parking:eek: so we avoid NY ports. I would think this ruling would hurt them more than not.

Wow yeah that's freaking steep. I hope Baltimore doesn't get any ideas... I like $105 for the week.

Mornin all !

Wild wet weather is on the way, grrr

Cant remember if I told y'all my dryer went out yesterday---the house looks like aCinese laundry lol

Just staying in and chilling today

All have a great day :)

Oh noes, it's always something isn't it?? Good luck!

Good Morning Breezers - hope everyone had a good Friday night. Chris so graciously bought a cat tower for my kitties, to give them some area of respite from the Vasher Tornado - so far they love it, but Leo's had to be on security detail a few times to keep the puppy at bay... he thinks he's a cat and has tried to climb it on more than one occasion :eek:

I need to figure out some time to get to the grocery store today - tried to go yesterday afternoon and realized one of the 4 brand-spankin-new tires I got on Monday was flat... I think it's a rim issue because it's the same one that had a slow leak before I got new ones. Yay! Unfortunately, the shop we use is in the process of changing phone providers, and their number has been disconnected since yesterday. Well I'll deal with it Monday I guess, one of those times working from home comes in handy!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Adding my good morning breezers!! Happy to have the numbers dancin' around in here again, thanks kel!:)

We're heading out to Home Depot this morning, checking out an area rug or some other stuff:eek::rolleyes::p

Yesterday turned out well, Julie found a place she loves and it's 4.2 miles from her school, YAY!!

Today is a race to beat the rain here, so see yas laters!!!:D

Yeah, the thing that concerns me also is the way they are trying to put these companies out of business. If they succeed there and move on to the other Ports in Florida, they will have a monopoly and raise prices even higher and we'd have nothing we can do about it. It would feel like extortion to park your car. And then, with no competition, security could then be scaled back because where could we go anyway? They could raise it to $25 a night and cut back on security and there'd be nothing we could do about it.

Adding my good morning breezers!! Happy to have the numbers dancin' around in here again, thanks kel!:)

We're heading out to Home Depot this morning, checking out an area rug or some other stuff:eek::rolleyes::p

Yesterday turned out well, Julie found a place she loves and it's 4.2 miles from her school, YAY!!

Today is a race to beat the rain here, so see yas laters!!!:D

Good Morning Floatie!!!

Have a great day!!

Hi All,

I am so glad you checked in!! :) Was worried about you..

Good for your daughter!! Say hello for me.. Will see you Sunday.. Enjoy your stay and safe travels..

Archived