PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Hi everyone!

Eva' date=' be sure and tell Cool Steve "Hi" for me.

I'll be in Raleigh this weekend with Randy, Chris, Kat, Donna, Pamela, Anna and Jeff and others for a Saints and Sinners land cruise. Want me to say "hi" to everyone for you?[/quote']

Allen! Where you been? Missed you around here!:)

Happy Friday Breezers! I'll be hydrating with Captain and Limeade this weekend ;). We're supposed to hit triple digits today as well but fortunately not as bad as those posted temps for SC above :eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Friday right back at you!

Good morning funatics WOOOOHOOO!!! LOVE a TGIF morning, and Cool Steve and G-man are in the house, all is great!!:D

The heat is on down here too guys, up in the 90's all week with 185% humidity:p Stay cool and hydrate hydrate hydrate!!!

Afternoon Floatie! Say hi to Cool Steve and G-man for me please.. Wish i could be there with you guys next week:(. Sunscreen and lots of water over the next few days!!:)

Good Mornin' All.

Finally all caught up. Vacation was great. Was so nice to see mountains again. I love FL but it is so damn flat here. I have to get up to Asheville again for a much longer trip. My kind of town, lots of breweries, bars, restaurants, lots of great like minded people (liberals and hippies). Got to have some Carolina BBQ, love that vinegar BBQ sauce, ate at this great breakfast place that had this incredible apple butter. So good I had to buy a jug of it.

If you ever get a chance to visit and like pubs, check out Jack of the Wood. Great food, brews and old-timey music.

Work, so much change ... my boss is leaving my department to take a director position. Made sure to let her know if there is a position she may think would suit me to let me know. She said I'm in her rolodex =) So there is another management position open, for which I am abundantly qualified, but will not apply for. No one seems to want it. I would be miserable and wouldn't get to do the things that I enjoy so much about my job. Hopefully one of the more senior people in the department get it so that I get one of their positions. Management level without the managing of people. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Wishing you the best with your job!!! I'm more of a ketchup base BBQ sauce kinda girl, but I can eat the vinegar base kind!!

Mornin all !

TGIF! Need to touch up my hair today.... do some wash and am looking for a new bathing suit (on-line)

All have a great day :)

Hiya Doxie! Happy Friday! Touch up hair..."only your hairdresser knows." LOL. Hope you find some cool swim suits!!:)

It's 5:45 p.m. and the temp has cooled down to 105 degrees!!

:eek::eek: Yeah it's now a balmy 95 here... but I won't complain (105! good lord!)

Glad you had a good time on Vaca Pomee - yep good luck with the job. I completely understand about not wanting Management. I was asked and know the people I would have been managing, and knew the extra $$ wouldn't have been worth my sanity, which is what the buggers would have all seeped away from me... I need to hang on to what sanity I have left! :eek: :p

Hope everyone stays cool with this heat wave, apparently there's more where that came from as it's all sweeping across the nation from the Colorado wildfires.

Happy Happy Hours to all!!

Mornin all !

TGIF, except it's a long day for John--he has his day work, then he does an auction with the hot dog cart from 6- 11

Need to touch up my hair today, do some wash and am looking for a new bathing suit (on-line)

All have a great day

An auction with his hot dog cart? I sure never heard that before!

I buy all my suits online...much better than going into depression at the store!;)

Good Mornin' All.

Finally all caught up. Vacation was great. Was so nice to see mountains again. I love FL but it is so damn flat here. I have to get up to Asheville again for a much longer trip. My kind of town, lots of breweries, bars, restaurants, lots of great like minded people (liberals and hippies). Got to have some Carolina BBQ, love that vinegar BBQ sauce, ate at this great breakfast place that had this incredible apple butter. So good I had to buy a jug of it.

If you ever get a chance to visit and like pubs, check out Jack of the Wood. Great food, brews and old-timey music.

Work, so much change ... my boss is leaving my department to take a director position. Made sure to let her know if there is a position she may think would suit me to let me know. She said I'm in her rolodex =) So there is another management position open, for which I am abundantly qualified, but will not apply for. No one seems to want it. I would be miserable and wouldn't get to do the things that I enjoy so much about my job. Hopefully one of the more senior people in the department get it so that I get one of their positions. Management level without the managing of people. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Glad you had a good trip! I have to get to NC one of these days (we're thinking of retiring there)...only problem is that all my vacations turn into cruises:o

Good luck with the new position you're looking for! I was a manager in my earlier years. As soon as I got married and had kids, I decided they sucked enough life out of me and opted for an hourly position!:p

Good morning funatics WOOOOHOOO!!! LOVE a TGIF morning, and Cool Steve and G-man are in the house, all is great!!

Thanks for getting more info Ron! I think it will be fabulous to have John AND Butch on board!!!

Ok pommee, sending good vibes and prayers that the best things come your way at work! Sounds like a fun trip, love Asheville and haven't been in tooooooooooo long!! Gatlinburg is another awesome place to hop to also!

The heat is on down here too guys, up in the 90's all week with 185% humidity:p Stay cool and hydrate hydrate hydrate!!!

YAY!!! Don't forget to give Steve big hugs from Big Dave and me! How is he doing? How bout Gaylen?

I saw something odd that Butch posted today...he said when the Breeze gets to Miami, John will spend some time in Miami in Beard Meetings and then head back home for awhile. I really hope that he means this happens AFTER our cruise! I would think John would want to be on the US inaugural. I asked Butch about it this morning but he hasn't replied:(

Be back in a while...the fireworks are about to start. Not going down the street to see them...too hot...so will sit on the deck and at least see the high ones. Wonder how Lexi will do...so far she doesn't pay much attention to thunder, so we may be ok.;)

Hot Morning All ( or Ya'll, as they say here in "extreme-south Georgia";)). Yep gonna be a scorcher here this weekend. Saving grace is I'm not on the road driving to Arkansas to see sister. 108 in Little Rock yesterday:eek: Hope it cools a bit in 3 weeks when I do this trip. Good news they're projecting sub $3 gass in 'Bama and Ole Miss in July, so that'll lower some expenses.

Pomme, glad you had a good vacay, you're gonna wish you're back in those mountains again though:p. Did you go to 12 Bones BBQ's for their bluberry chipolte ribs there? Just curious if all the hype is good.

That sounds awesome, but no, have to put it on the list for the next trip. Only spent a night in Asheville, so we went to Jack of the Wood and stopped in for a drink at the Yacht Club. Too tired to do much else. We stayed at a friends of a friends house in Swannanoa, and spent the following day on the Blue Ridge Parkway and in Pisgah National Forest. Then we were off to OH the next morning.

Happy Friday Breezers! I'll be hydrating with Captain and Limeade this weekend ;). We're supposed to hit triple digits today as well but fortunately not as bad as those posted temps for SC above :eek:

Today is the end of our fiscal year at work so there is a lot to be done with running reports and crap this afternoon. I'm certainly looking forward to the weekend knowing how crappy today will be.

Welcom back Pommee! As much as I love BBQ, you can keep the carolina style. I hate vinegar. I'm more of a sweet Memphis fan myself.

Pizzaeater, thanks for getting us clarification! I'm sure John will have a ton of PR stuff to take care of with the Inagural sailing so it kind of makes sense that he wouldn't have CD duties as well. Is the Amy they're referring to 6'3"? We sailed with her on the Pride (she was the assistant then too).

They had the sweet one too which was really good. At first I was disappointed because I have heard about the vinegar BBQ but it wasn't on our table. Then like magic it showed up, Pommee was a happy boy. I proceeded to cover my pulled pork and beans in it.

Allen! Where you been? Missed you around here!:)

For an old geezer with no life, I've really been busy, what with trips and family stuff and my social "obligations". :)

Just got word today that I'm a grandpa for the 8th time. My youngest son (in Seattle) and his wife had their fourth child.

Going to Raleigh tomorrow for a mini land cruise with some Saints and Sinners. Jeffie has to work both days, so I'll probably miss him and I can't stay an extra day because of another social event here in Charlotte.

So many parties, so little time. :D

I created another crock pot winner, but most of you probably wouldn't like it because it's made with a pound of chicken livers. :p

For an old geezer with no life' date=' I've really been busy, what with trips and family stuff and my social "obligations". :)

Just got word today that I'm a grandpa for the 8th time. My youngest son (in Seattle) and his wife had their fourth child.

Going to Raleigh tomorrow for a mini land cruise with some Saints and Sinners. Jeffie has to work both days, so I'll probably miss him and I can't stay an extra day because of another social event here in Charlotte.

So many parties, so little time. :D

I created another crock pot winner, but most of you probably wouldn't like it because it's made with a pound of chicken livers. :p[/quote']

You're a regular little social butterfly with all your engagements! Congrats on the new grandbaby! Let me know about your new crockpot wonder, cause I like chicken livers!

Archived