PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Good Morning Breezers,

Life and work has been crazy.

Work has been changes like crazy. My boss gets promoted to director in another department, my teammate becomes my new manager, my first boss becomes my new director. What does this mean for me? More work. We work in which is arguably the toughest region in the country (southeast) lots of litigation. I am now the top guy on the totem pole, which means I get the most contentious cases. The promotion isn't there yet but looks really good once the red tape clears. I get the toughest cases from my new boss, I pass down. Having just gotten back from vacation, I'm still playing catch up, not the best time for this all to be happening, but so goes my job. Place on that, I am on vacation again in a little over a month.

To top all of this off, my sister is having a really tough time with my niece who is 13 and 1300 miles away. So the excitement of our cruise next month is muted and is questionable whether my niece will be able to come on the cruise because she is now in a residential psychiatric facility for troubled kids. I love my niece to death, but what she has done is so unbelievable and so hurtful to my sister that I just hope she can come out of all this. My sister just can't wrap her head around all this and can't say I can blame her. My sister is of the opinion that there is just no way that she is coming on this cruise. Of course, we did not get insurance. What did my niece do you ask? Broke into my sister's lockbox and stole somewhere in the neighborhood of $1k of which she was saving her tips from hairdressing for spending money for the trip. The money is supposedly all gone and my niece will not say where it went.

Sorry to hear about your sister's troubles. Raising teenagers is a really hard job. Hope things start to look up for your sister real soon!:)

Howdy friends:)

Al, I am so sorry to hear about all your sister's troubles with your niece:( We went thru a similar thing with my brother when he was around 12...he stole a bunch of my mom's checks and ran away. We found out he had stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Marriott! Now what kind of hotel rents a room like that to a 12 year old?!?! Hope the facility is able to help your niece...teens can be such a challenge:( Tell your sister to hang in there...she's not alone.

Good luck with your new position, too! That's a whole lot of crazy stuff you have going on!:eek:

I had a miserable day...why isn't it time to retire yet??? I am getting way to old for this nonsense, I can tell ya:rolleyes: Seems like an eternity until we cruise. Where's our fearless leader?

Hope everyone's having a good night!

Whoa! I saw that Southwest was having a special so I priced our flights we have booked....we paid $499 total for 2, and it's now $891!:eek: Phew, glad I jumped on it the day the schedule came out!:cool:

:eek::eek: Like the cruise pricing, kinda a theme for the whole trip lol!!

Hiya guys, I've been getting the house sorted out and got stuck working late again:rolleyes: Steve and Gaylen headed out yesterday and my brother and family left today...toooooo quiet around here and I'm a little bummed...:( Gotta kick our scheming into high gear!

I saw a post asking about La Romana...we are booked for the jet boat and last time I checked we had room for two more in the first boat with a second one available if we need it.

Tomorrow I am hoping to receive a firm response from the hotel in FLL since I can't wait anymore for CCL to answer anything, they obviously don't know what's going on when Breeze gets in on the 21st.

Pommee, I am so sorry for the trouble your niece is having, we have had our share of teen upsets over the years, I feel for your sister and hope your niece gets the help she needs.

:eek::eek: Like the cruise pricing, kinda a theme for the whole trip lol!!

Hiya guys, I've been getting the house sorted out and got stuck working late again:rolleyes: Steve and Gaylen headed out yesterday and my brother and family left today...toooooo quiet around here and I'm a little bummed...:( Gotta kick our scheming into high gear!

I saw a post asking about La Romana...we are booked for the jet boat and last time I checked we had room for two more in the first boat with a second one available if we need it.

Tomorrow I am hoping to receive a firm response from the hotel in FLL since I can't wait anymore for CCL to answer anything, they obviously don't know what's going on when Breeze gets in on the 21st.

Pommee, I am so sorry for the trouble your niece is having, we have had our share of teen upsets over the years, I feel for your sister and hope your niece gets the help she needs.

Is there a deposit needed for LaRomana? I know I said I'm in, but I don't know if I have to put something down. Let me know. I don't want to miss out!

Oh got my confirmation for Jolly Pirates in Aruba. So Al of Al's group is now official.

Thanks Floatie and everyone else for the kind words. My sister has had a time of it over the last couple of years with my niece. And she does it all herself. There is a good kid in there, let's just hope she gets out there again soon. I really thought she was going to lose it the other night. She has called me many times crying saying that she can't do it anymore. She's a strong mom and they have been through a lot together. I know they will get through it and know it will take some time, but they'll get there.

Nothing harder than raising teenagers. Hope everything works out for you and your family.

I had 2 boys ---the older one was your typical teenager, the younger---well he was hell on wheels 000you wouldnt believe what all he did ! So I ungerstand waht she is going through.

Sounds like work is keeping you busy too.

Good Morning! I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Have been reading where Carnival is going to crack down on the TA's giving OBC more than $25. Just wondering how that will effect the ones that booked through the group since we are suppose to get an OBC? Will we still get the OBC? Do we need to make final payment before Aug. 1st to still get it? Kinda confused on all of this.

Mornin all and happy hump day !

Charlie cleaned our bedroom and den carpets yesterday, they now look brand new.

Gretchen barked at him, lol------------Snoopy knows him. She has a dainty little bark.

We had some cocktails after the carpets were cleaned and just sat around talking---good times

All have a great day :)

Good morning funatics!! Hiya Taylor!!:D

I emailed Johna to find out what the latest from CCL on OBC means to us, if anything, stay tuned!!

Pommee, Seavis doesn't require deposits so I will collect funds on board the first day so I know who is definitely in:) Would never leave without ya!!:p

Gotta run to work, have a great day all, see yas tonight!

Archived