PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Good evening and cheers, Funatics! I can smell Friday! Lois, good luck with the storms...bummers.

Nothing going on here...Lexi just destroyed another indestructible toy:rolleyes: It takes her no time at all to have stuffing fly all over the place...grrrrr! Back to the bones for her!:cool:

Off to watch Big Bang Theory...always makes me laugh:D

Let me first say it was nice to get away for 5 days. We had a great day at Freeport, a snorkeling excursion on a cat, from Carnival no less. An excellent day at Riu Palace AI in Nassau and an amazing day in Cabana #10 at HMC. The weather during the day was excellent. The ship however, yikes. There was a horrible sewer smell for the whole 5 days. The two hot tubs on lido were down the whole time and no one could be seen fixing them. Our room steward was less than stellar. We were in the bowels of the ships so I didn't expect to get the best they had. He was friendly and enthusiastic, if not very green. We didn't see him the first day but was ever present the day after and on. He did not replace the pool towels, until the last day??!! No ice bucket.

This is also the first time that I have seen the kids who overrun the ship, the pool especially after dark. I swear none of these kids were at the kids clubs.

Service in the dining room was excellent, our waiter Joseph from the Philippines, and his staff were stellar. So good we gave them an extra $60 tip. The menus for a 5 day are a bit of disappointment. No creme brulee, no short rib (my favorite dish) and too many of the good dishes are jammed on formal night. All and all it was a decent cruise, it was time away, and for that I am grateful. I'll blow out a full review on the main boards, so be on the lookout.

Happy Friday, everyone :)

well, yesterday was one of those days from hell at work, so when i got home, instead of drinking myself into a stupor, i decided there's no better way to cheer myself up than by booking an excursion for the Breeze cruise :D we're now booked on the speed boat/beach/snorkeling in La Romana. yay :)

so, we're all set for LaRomana and Aruba. Grand Turk is easy ... just a beach day there. the only thing left to do now is figure out what to do in Curacao. we've never been there, so we have no idea what the 'must do' thing is for Curacao, so i guess some more research is in order. I'll save that for another 'bad day at work' remedy. LOL. or, is anybody here familiar with that port and can offer some advice ??

oh, btw, it seems as though there are a few Linda's here on this group, so to avoid some confusion, i'll use the name i was given on one of the other CC message groups a few years ago ... you can just call me Linda-Lu from now on. :)

hope you all have a good friday ... and a good weekend. :)

hey, Chris & Cass ... is today the day for your new car ??? can't wait to see pictures !!! :D

Linda-Lu

Let me first say it was nice to get away for 5 days. We had a great day at Freeport, a snorkeling excursion on a cat, from Carnival no less. An excellent day at Riu Palace AI in Nassau and an amazing day in Cabana #10 at HMC. The weather during the day was excellent. The ship however, yikes. There was a horrible sewer smell for the whole 5 days. The two hot tubs on lido were down the whole time and no one could be seen fixing them. Our room steward was less than stellar. We were in the bowels of the ships so I didn't expect to get the best they had. He was friendly and enthusiastic, if not very green. We didn't see him the first day but was ever present the day after and on. He did not replace the pool towels, until the last day??!! No ice bucket.

This is also the first time that I have seen the kids who overrun the ship, the pool especially after dark. I swear none of these kids were at the kids clubs.

Service in the dining room was excellent, our waiter Joseph from the Philippines, and his staff were stellar. So good we gave them an extra $60 tip. The menus for a 5 day are a bit of disappointment. No creme brulee, no short rib (my favorite dish) and too many of the good dishes are jammed on formal night. All and all it was a decent cruise, it was time away, and for that I am grateful. I'll blow out a full review on the main boards, so be on the lookout.

Welcome back, Pomm! Glad you had a good cruise, despite some blips. I haven't sailed a small ship or a cruise less than 7 days since Celebration in 2004 (and probably never will now that I won't sail without a balcony;)). Did you love HMC?

Happy Friday, everyone

well, yesterday was one of those days from hell at work, so when i got home, instead of drinking myself into a stupor, i decided there's no better way to cheer myself up than by booking an excursion for the Breeze cruise :D we're now booked on the speed boat/beach/snorkeling in La Romana. yay

so, we're all set for LaRomana and Aruba. Grand Turk is easy ... just a beach day there. the only thing left to do now is figure out what to do in Curacao. we've never been there, so we have no idea what the 'must do' thing is for Curacao, so i guess some more research is in order. I'll save that for another 'bad day at work' remedy. LOL. or, is anybody here familiar with that port and can offer some advice ??

oh, btw, it seems as though there are a few Linda's here on this group, so to avoid some confusion, i'll use the name i was given on one of the other CC message groups a few years ago ... you can just call me Linda-Lu from now on.

hey, Chris & Cass ... is today the day for your new car ??? can't wait to see pictures !!! :D

Linda-Lu

Most people call me Linny, so there won't be any confusion with me!;)

Glad you'll be joining us in La Romana! Sounds like a great day! We have no clue what to do in Curacao either...kind of tough to plan something with our weird time in port. We'll probably wander around, have a drink somewhere, get a feel for the place.

I surely hope today is the day. I will not be a happy camper if it's not ready. They are just installing a decal kit but it's a bit of a complicated one.

Welcome back Pomme!!!

To all our Breezers down in Florida, hope you have a safe weekend!

We're in the 80's!!!! YAY!!!

Keeping fingers crossed for you AGAIN....sure would be nice to have a new car for the weekend!:D

89 Days 'til we cruise on the Breeze,

89 Days 'til we cruise!

After this Day has happened to pass,

88 Days 'til we cruise on the Breeze!:D

We're getting closer!!!:D

TGIF, Funatics! Another week down and closer to Breezin!

To our Gulf Coast friends, stay safe down there. Floatie, I really hope this doesn't create a work nightmare for ya...

Nothing going on up here...still gorgeous...really rare to have such a stretch of beautiful weather in August...it's usually hot and humid.

WOOOHOOO we made it!! Happy TGIF breezies!!:D

Will be busy around here this weekend with working from home and check-ins for storm prep until this fickle Isaac settles on a track...still praying it fizzles but not likely at this point.

Saving you a seat for "happy hours!" See ya when you get here...:)

Welcome Back! Glad you had a good cruise, even with a few snafus'!

Happy Friday, everyone :)

well, yesterday was one of those days from hell at work, so when i got home, instead of drinking myself into a stupor, i decided there's no better way to cheer myself up than by booking an excursion for the Breeze cruise :D we're now booked on the speed boat/beach/snorkeling in La Romana. yay

oh, btw, it seems as though there are a few Linda's here on this group, so to avoid some confusion, i'll use the name i was given on one of the other CC message groups a few years ago ... you can just call me Linda-Lu from now on.

Linda-Lu

Hiya Linda-Lu! Kinda like the ring of that name!:) Looking forward to meeting you in LaRomana!:)

I surely hope today is the day. I will not be a happy camper if it's not ready. They are just installing a decal kit but it's a bit of a complicated one.

Welcome back Pomme!!!

To all our Breezers down in Florida, hope you have a safe weekend!

Hi Chris! Tell those folks to hurry up with that decal! Don't they know you've got anxious people waiting to see it!:)

We're getting closer!!!:D

TGIF, Funatics! Another week down and closer to Breezin!

To our Gulf Coast friends, stay safe down there. Floatie, I really hope this doesn't create a work nightmare for ya...

Nothing going on up here...still gorgeous...really rare to have such a stretch of beautiful weather in August...it's usually hot and humid.

Hiya Linda! Whatcha got going on tonight! I was in a meeting until late today, so I'm just glad to be home! Turned out to be a pretty nice day and finally no rain.. :)

Archived