PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Hi Linda! Doing OK here tonight! Had a busy day, but a fun day with family.

That's great, Lois! Were there a lot of people?

Hey hey hey where are my breezie peeps??

This morning I have been occupied by a baby possum stuck under my grill in my fenced in yard:eek: I knew Mia was going nuts for a reason:( Had to call critter control for trap and release so he doesn't get hurt and gets back to the woods where he belongs, waiting for them to get here!!

Quite the excuse for being late for work, you can't make this stuff up:rolleyes:

Wow, good thing you found the little guy! Did you get it out ok?

You're right...you can't make that stuff up...LOL!:p

Good morning Breezers,

I woke up a bit early, and logged onto SW to book my flight. Glad I did, they only have one flight from Oakland to Ft Lauderdale The thought of them selling out crossed my mind and would have been in trouble. :eek:

They also fly from SFO and San Jose, not sure of Sac. so anyone out there who is flying from Oakland on the 23rd, to be safe, you better book today.

I booked online, then called to see if there was more than one flight, and was told "no". They have scaled down the flights from Oak to FL, and the online rates are much cheaper than booking over the phone. The price came to $494 including taxes. If the rates go down before the cruise, they will offer a refund for a future flight. Now all I have to do is book the hotel and ground transportation.

Floatie,

Did you find a hotel yet? My flight gets in very late, almost midnight.

Welcome back Chris.

Wow, only one flight and it's the day before Thanksgiving? Good thing you were on top of it!

I booked our flights on SW this morning, too. The fake bookings I had been doing were coming out at $600 for the 2 of us. Imagine my surprise when I went in to book this morning and got 2 for $499! Woooo HOOOOOOOOOOO! Less than last year!:D

Below is my email to Jolly Pirates asking about discount group rates and it appears they don't offer additional discounts. Just the 12% discount when you book your reservation that brings the cost down to $51. Which is still better than what Carnival charged. $60.99 and only 2 dive sites and no BBQ through Carnivals' version! Only setback is having to get your way to Moomba Beach. You can go to http://www.arubus.com and find bus schedule that will get you there for $1.25 each way.

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:45 AM

To: Carla

Subject: Re: FW: Jolly-Pirates Reservation!

Thank you very much. I will be making my reservations in the next 10 days. Do you have any special discount rates for groups? On cruise critics' roll call, I informed them about your excursion opening up for us and MANY are thinking of changing their plans for your company instead.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your message and for your enthusiasm about our fun cruises!

When you reserve online you will save 12% on your tickets.

www.jolly-pirates.com

Looking forward to welcoming you aboard!

Sunny regards,

Carla Cavallaro

Jolly Pirates Aruba

011 - 297 - 592 - 7858

www.facebook.com/jollypirates.aruba

Thanks for checking that, Ron! Too bad we can't get a group rate, but that price really isn't bad when it includes open bar and lunch.

Holy bloody hell, today has been insane. I won't be on nearly as much for a while with work, review, and then puppy. Oh aren't vacations wonderful :(

Sorry you got bombarded...I hate when that happens...sucks the vacation mode right out of ya:(

Good morning Breezers,

I woke up a bit early, and logged onto SW to book my flight. Glad I did, they only have one flight from Oakland to Ft Lauderdale The thought of them selling out crossed my mind and would have been in trouble. :eek:

They also fly from SFO and San Jose, not sure of Sac. so anyone out there who is flying from Oakland on the 23rd, to be safe, you better book today.

I booked online, then called to see if there was more than one flight, and was told "no". They have scaled down the flights from Oak to FL, and the online rates are much cheaper than booking over the phone. The price came to $494 including taxes. If the rates go down before the cruise, they will offer a refund for a future flight. Now all I have to do is book the hotel and ground transportation.

Floatie,

Welcome back Chris.

Hiya Portia! You are coming in on Wedensday at almost midnight? Well into FLL you might just hold a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania, if the group ends up there we can always switch you into the group. It's not a place (SoFL) to bargain much and I am still waiting for confirmation from CCL on some events on Wednesday afternoon so I know what's going on before we commit. I am pretty sure they have a free shuttle from the airport but make sure what time it runs. If we are in FLL, we will use SAS, ridesas.com to get to Miami Thursday morning.

Hiya funatics!! I am SO READY for a dang cruise!!! Yes, Linny, they did come and trap the little guy and took him out to the woods...how he ended up on the beach in my fully fenced backyard is a mystery to me!!!:rolleyes:

Floatie, those little buggers seem to be able to go anywhere! Glad he's ok.

Wish we could come in Wed nite, but I priced it and it would cost us another $140 for the flight, plus hotel, food, etc...didn't seem worth it to get in at 10 pm. We get in at 11 am, so hope to be at the port around noon or so.

How are the Funatics this evening?

Finally gave up and went to the Dr for my knee (from that fall around 8 weeks ago). Thankfully nothing serious. Gave me a cortisone shot and sent me off with a scrip. Got to CVS and realized he wrote it to someone else!:rolleyes: Other than that, a relatively uneventful Monday!;)

Wish we could come in Wed nite, but I priced it and it would cost us another $140 for the flight, plus hotel, food, etc...didn't seem worth it to get in at 10 pm. We get in at 11 am, so hope to be at the port around noon or so.

Finally gave up and went to the Dr for my knee (from that fall around 8 weeks ago). Thankfully nothing serious. Gave me a cortisone shot and sent me off with a scrip. Got to CVS and realized he wrote it to someone else!:rolleyes: Other than that, a relatively uneventful Monday!;)

Woo Hoo we just booked our flights through SW as well - We had to do the same thing Linny - flying in Thanksgiving morning. We get in around 11 as well (10:55) so we could very well be in the airport at the same time! We were planning to schedule SAS Transportation to take us to POM - I've never flown into FLL before, so not experienced, but from reviews I've read they are really good. I was thinking of also doing them for the return trip over the Carnival transportation - are they able to do that as well, since they are technically a Ft Lauderdale company?

Good to hear the doc said you'll be ok!

Chris is sitting here doing Day 1 of our review, I'm about to prepare Day 2 so we can roll it out tonight hopefully as well.

Woo Hoo we just booked our flights through SW as well - We had to do the same thing Linny - flying in Thanksgiving morning. We get in around 11 as well (10:55) so we could very well be in the airport at the same time! We were planning to schedule SAS Transportation to take us to POM - I've never flown into FLL before, so not experienced, but from reviews I've read they are really good. I was thinking of also doing them for the return trip over the Carnival transportation - are they able to do that as well, since they are technically a Ft Lauderdale company?

Good to hear the doc said you'll be ok!

Chris is sitting here doing Day 1 of our review, I'm about to prepare Day 2 so we can roll it out tonight hopefully as well.

Hi Cass, Yep SAS will do round trip from FLL to POM then back to FLL no problem! Used them on that route many times...they are great!

Hey everyone! Been keeping up over on FB, but been having CC withdrawls and missed the chatter here too. :(

I am posting some info on a group Beez dinner at Cucina..more to come!

Hope all are doing well!!

Nov 22 cannot get here soon enough!!

Hi Guys, I grabbed a group reservation for Cucina del Capitano..see below!

BEEZ Night at Cucina del Capitano

The Cucina manager can accommodate 30 of us at 6:00pm and another 15 at 6:30pm on Thursday, November 29 (Aruba day, back on board by 3:30pm). We will fill the first 30, then 15 …the tables will all be close together. Should we exceed 45, I'll see about getting more spots.

If you’re used to eating late, consider making an exception this one night for an early dinner..gives time for the pasta coma to wear off before the nightlife! :)

So far, we have the following Beez:

Deb (Cruiser Deb/DebnGab) 2

Dale Mote 2

Karen D’Eon (Pkrchickr) 3

Lee Toleman (Aussiegirl)2

Stephen Tabb (Crewsweeper) 3?

Ronald Moyer (Pizzaman)2 ?

Steve Kanclerowicz 2

Pam Darby 2

Linny Gebel (IrishLinny) 2

Terry Rodriguez 1

Al McLeod (Pommee) 2?

Kim and Randy Wright( rtw68) 2

Please post here or email me at debinsac at yahoo (dot) com with your party size.

****This is posted to Cruise Critic Roll Call and Main Thread, FB pages “2-Days on the Breeze and Lucky B2B’ers”, “Carnival Breeze-November 24, 2012-8 Days in the Southern Caribbean” and “Breezers Beez Adult Only 1st Social at Sea”.

Hiya Portia! You are coming in on Wedensday at almost midnight? Well into FLL you might just hold a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania, if the group ends up there we can always switch you into the group. It's not a place (SoFL) to bargain much and I am still waiting for confirmation from CCL on some events on Wednesday afternoon so I know what's going on before we commit. I am pretty sure they have a free shuttle from the airport but make sure what time it runs. If we are in FLL, we will use SAS, ridesas.com to get to Miami Thursday morning.

Hiya funatics!! I am SO READY for a dang cruise!!! Yes, Linny, they did come and trap the little guy and took him out to the woods...how he ended up on the beach in my fully fenced backyard is a mystery to me!!!:rolleyes:

Same as last year correct??

Hey hey hey where are my breezie peeps??

This morning I have been occupied by a baby possum stuck under my grill in my fenced in yard:eek: I knew Mia was going nuts for a reason:( Had to call critter control for trap and release so he doesn't get hurt and gets back to the woods where he belongs, waiting for them to get here!!

Quite the excuse for being late for work, you can't make this stuff up:rolleyes:

I guess when you need an excuse, any one will do!!:D

Good morning Breezers,

Floatie,

Welcome back Chris.

Hi Portia! Looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale tonight and they look pretty good. Will probably go ahead and lock one in!:)

Holy bloody hell, today has been insane. I won't be on nearly as much for a while with work, review, and then puppy. Oh aren't vacations wonderful :(

Hi Chris! Try not to work too hard cause you gotta save your strength for your furbaby!:)

That's great, Lois! Were there a lot of people?

I booked our flights on SW this morning, too. The fake bookings I had been doing were coming out at $600 for the 2 of us. Imagine my surprise when I went in to book this morning and got 2 for $499! Woooo HOOOOOOOOOOO! Less than last year!:D

Great score on your booking! Had a fun day with my brother who is visiting from Michigan!:)

Take care of that knee and don't over do! Need you upright and ready to go at cruise time!:D

Hiya Deb...you got a couple funatics in there already ya know:p

That's our last sailaway at 4pm before we get back to MIA so I will be at the aft bar for that, and not likely to make that dinner...thanks for the invite though!:)

Hi Floatee...I think the names came from all different locations..there are so many boards! ;)

I saw your post earlier about some events on Wednesday before we sail...that wouldnt be the naming ceremony would it?

Thanks for checking that, Ron! Too bad we can't get a group rate, but that price really isn't bad when it includes open bar and lunch.

Sorry you got bombarded...I hate when that happens...sucks the vacation mode right out of ya:(

Yeah, I am pretty happy with $51 after the 12% discount, though. Considering Carnival would have shaved off one of the dive sites and taken the BBQ away and THEN charged $60.99 for it, I am plain thrilled to be able to book it through them and not have to go through Carnival.

Yeah, I am pretty happy with $51 after the 12% discount, though. Considering Carnival would have shaved off one of the dive sites and taken the BBQ away and THEN charged $60.99 for it, I am plain thrilled to be able to book it through them and not have to go through Carnival.

Hey Ron, Did you book already?

Hey Ron, Did you book already?

Not yet. Will definitely be booking it next week when my paycheck is in bank. Hope it is still available by then! Hoping there isn't such a mad rush to book it now that Linny and I have put the info out there! :D

Mornin all ! hot hot hot

Since I had to fo the blood work yesterday, that threw off my morn skd---so today is wash day *as much as I can do)

The pirate ship sounds fun ----we did one in Barbados and had a blast !

Coffee is on-------------------

All have a great day :)

Archived