Price Point

Okay, I am a seasoned cruiser and have sailed many of RCCLs finest, including the Adventure, Freedom, and the Allure over the past few years. Friends are looking to book the Freedom for March 31, 2013 and told me the price they are paying for a balcony - I was stunned that it was more than my prime location Boardwalk Balcony on the Allure (11327, and we were offered an upgrade to an OVB across the hall, which we turned down.)

I thought their quote was way off and did some research, sure enough, they are looking at 1400pp w/tips for a March 31 cruise on the Freedom. For this amount, they could get a balcony on an Oasis class ship for the same sailing week.

I can not get over the price for that week. Does Easter hold a special price point as Xmas and New Years does?

Where we live (New England) this is not school vacation week, but I think it is in many other areas (FL, PA, MN). Wondering if that might play into it as well.

I don't know if it's helpful or not, but we sailed on Freedom in May 2011 (booked a year in advance) and the balcony was $1049. I suppose if you throw tips in there and add money for inflation in 2 years I guess it could get to $1400. It still sounds high to me though, but I'm not a seasoned cruiser. I'm sure you'll get better opinions from others, but I wanted to throw mine out there anyway.

Archived