Any ideas?

patterson3

I see that the Solstice is alternating asia and Alaska cruises next year with repositioning cruises to Hawaii in between. Obviously this is just speculation and probably depends on how those cruises sell, but do people think Celebrity will repeat this schedule with the Solstice or another S-class ship? My wife and I are planning on returning to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary but when I noticed the Solstice doing an Ensenada to Honolulu cruise in the fall of 2013 we thought maybe (if Celebrity offers the same cruise in 2014) instead of flying directly to Hawaii for a 10-14 day land trip that we might take that cruise to Hawaii before spending a few days in Maui post-cruise....

I see that the Solstice is alternating asia and Alaska cruises next year with repositioning cruises to Hawaii in between. Obviously this is just speculation and probably depends on how those cruises sell, but do people think Celebrity will repeat this schedule with the Solstice or another S-class ship? My wife and I are planning on returning to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary but when I noticed the Solstice doing an Ensenada to Honolulu cruise in the fall of 2013 we thought maybe (if Celebrity offers the same cruise in 2014) instead of flying directly to Hawaii for a 10-14 day land trip that we might take that cruise to Hawaii before spending a few days in Maui post-cruise....

We just booked on the Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Solstice cruise from Sydney to Auckland, NZ. From what I understand, these bookings "down under" for late 2013 and early 2014 are going very, very well. Given the large number of new ships that Celebrity has, plus the over-capacity and economic slowness in Europe, I would think they would continue this current schedule or close to it.

If you'd like more details on the Solstice, check out my live/blog connected below. Lots of pictures and details on the Solstice food, entertainment, features, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,224 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We just booked on the Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Solstice cruise from Sydney to Auckland, NZ. From what I understand, these bookings "down under" for late 2013 and early 2014 are going very, very well. Given the large number of new ships that Celebrity has, plus the over-capacity and economic slowness in Europe, I would think they would continue this current schedule or close to it.

If you'd like more details on the Solstice, check out my live/blog connected below. Lots of pictures and details on the Solstice food, entertainment, features, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,224 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Glad to hear that. Thanks, I will definitely check it out, and have a great trip!!!

Good for you Terry on this new booking. We are doing the Silhouette Med this year. We loved the Solstice last year and your great trip report was so valuable for us. Can't wait for your report on Australia!

Good for you Terry on this new booking. We are doing the Silhouette Med this year. We loved the Solstice last year and your great trip report was so valuable for us. Can't wait for your report on Australia!

patterson3: Glad to hear that. Thanks' date=' I will definitely check it out, and have a great trip!!! [/quote']

THANKS for the nice comments! YES, will aim for doing those reports and pictures from "down under". Should have one or two good photo opportunities during that cruise and in these various ports.

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Archived