Can you explain how to "post onboard" thru Funtimes?

I saw mention on one recent post about being able to post on board through Funtimes(?) -- on board -- on the Carnival website without having to pay for internet minutes. I've searched the posts and also looked on Funtimes and can't exactly figure out how to do this. Can someone educate me, step by step??

Well, it is the message boards or forums over on CCL's website, called Funville. If you look under "User Groups" you will see a forum called "Currently Onboard". You can register at the site for free, as well as any family members that you want to be able to keep in touch with for free. You can post to the forum for free while on the ship. Keep in mind, it is a public forum. "Funtimes" is the daily flyer you get while onboard that lists the days activities, times, shows, etc...

You can't post to the Funtimes... that's the event schedule that's left in your cabin each evening. You CAN post for free to Carnival's 'Currently Onboard' forum at Funville. Anyone can read there but you have to have an account to post or respond to posts. I've used it frequently and it works great!!!

Here's a link:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/20274.aspx

:)

I saw mention on one recent post about being able to post on board through Funtimes(?) -- on board -- on the Carnival website without having to pay for internet minutes. I've searched the posts and also looked on Funtimes and can't exactly figure out how to do this. Can someone educate me, step by step??

Go to Funville forums, look for one called Currently Onboard. Create a new thread before you leave and tell your friends and family where it is. Once on the ship, the wifi allows you to access the forums for free without having to create an account. You can then leave messages and discuss while on your cruise.

On carnival.com go to the Funville Forums. It's an online forum like Cruise Critic. It's free to use while onboard. Start a topic before you leave on your cruise and use it to communicate with loved ones while you're cruising. Just be aware, like on any forum your comments will be public for all to read.

You can't post to the Funtimes... that's the event schedule that's left in your cabin each evening. You CAN post for free to Carnival's 'Currently Onboard' forum at Funville. Anyone can read there but you have to have an account to post or respond to posts. I've used it frequently and it works great!!!

Here's a link:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/20274.aspx

:)

Mach, are you not a host anymore?

We've never tried it while onboard, but I thought I'd add, it is slow most of the time. But yes it's free. Like others said, make sure you start a thread before you go & let family/friends know about it. They will have to set up an account (free) by entering an email addy & selecting a log on name in order to post to you in the currently onboard. I have seen complaints where people tried to do this under the ship they are on. Make sure you are in the "currently onboard" section.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise

Guest LoveMyBoxer
carnival.com-community & buzz-forums-user groups-currently onboard

The whole carnival.com site is free to use onboard.

Nice! Thank you

We used this on our recent DREAM cruise. It by far the best and most reliable form of communication, let alone the cheapest (free). We had children at home that we needed to stay in touch with on this trip. We made sure that our children understood that there would be no personally identifying info in the message board thread and they did really well.

I brought my laptop but wound up just using the FunHub computers during this trip. The biggest suggestion that I have is to mark your message board thread in the favorite places of the machines that you regularly use. This saves ALOT of time when you sit down to log in and send a message. We used these machines twice a day and never felt like it took too long. If you have trouble once you are onboard, don't hesitate to ask the IT guy who is at one of the Hubs.

Archived