I Love the upgrade Fairy!!!!!

CruisinKLB

Soooo....I went in and check my personalizer today...We had picked a specific inside cabin on the Aloha deck, a612 when I originally booked. However, I had checked it "available for upgrade" because I figured if I could get something better that would be great! When I went in today we had been upgraded from from an inside on Aloha to an oceanview on the dolphin deck at the back of the ship!!!!! YAY PRINCESS!!!!! This is my second Princess cruise and have been upgraded both times! I guess that's to make up for all the times I lose the lottery~ we are now in D743. Any feedback on the cabin?It's on the Sea Princess.

Oh, you are going to love that stateroom. The window is a big one. I could literally sit in the window and watch the world go by. We also had this on an Alaskan cruise and it was really nice. If I couldn't have a balcony, this would be the next best thing! The location is very convenient too. Enjoy!!!

Oh, you are going to love that stateroom. The window is a big one. I could literally sit in the window and watch the world go by. We also had this on an Alaskan cruise and it was really nice. If I couldn't have a balcony, this would be the next best thing! The location is very convenient too. Enjoy!!!

OMG that is GREAT to hear! I was hoping that is wasn't a sucky one that I just didn't know about. Thanks for the great feedback! I did this same Alaska cruise two years ago and also got upgraded but from an inside guarantee to an inside on a higher deck, so no window!

Congratulations on your upgrade! We will be on the Sea Princess in a little over a month!

Where on your cruise personalizer do you check "available for upgrade"?

I've searched and can't find that anywhere.

Again, congratulations!

Congratulations on your upgrade! We will be on the Sea Princess in a little over a month!

Again, congratulations!

Thanks! You actually have to have your TA or Princess mark it on the reservation. You can't do it online (not that I know of).

The default for all bookings is that you would accept an upgrade. I've never booked directly (prefer to save money) so I don't know where in the process you select "Do not upgrade." If you book through a TA, they can change the booking to "Do not upgrade." If you're open to an upgrade, you don't have to do anything.

Congratulations to the poster on your fabulous upgrade!:).

Only your agent (or the cruise line) has access to the upgrade preferences. By the way, there are now three choices on Princess: No Upgrade, Accept Any Upgrade, or Only Upgrade to Next Cabin Class (i.e. inside to outside, outside to balcony).

The default for all bookings is that you would accept an upgrade. I've never booked directly (prefer to save money) so I don't know where in the process you select "Do not upgrade." If you book through a TA, they can change the booking to "Do not upgrade." If you're open to an upgrade, you don't have to do anything.

I chose "no upgrade" for my midship transAtlantic cruise because I couldn't risk being upgraded to a forward cabin. The aroma in an upgraded forward cabin if the seas were rough would not of been worth it.:)

I booked directly on my upcoming one by calling Princess - and I don't normally do it this way, I usually book online - but it seems when you call to book, their agents have a sort of standard list of questions they go through, and one of them is whether or not you'd would be amiable to an upgrade, up until the time of check-in.

Yes, my TA asked me if I wanted it marked "available for upgrade" and I said yes. However, now that I have it, I called the TA and had her mark it "do not upgrade" just to be safe. I didn't want to lose the upgrade I just received to something they deemed even better.

When do you usually see upgrads? Month out? Week out?

It seems it varies...on my current one I booked a guarantee inside; we booked just at the 60 day out mark, and 4 days later we were assigned a cabin with a several category upgrade (still an inside though, just 4 decks higher on the ship)

Archived