Ordering Room Service Breakfast

cawagner

Can I get breakfast burritos from room service? I have my first ever balcony and I'm looking forward to breakfast on my balcony, but I can't wait to have breakfast burritos as sea!

I don't know about burritos but you can write it in. If they have it, it's a good chance you can get it. I understand you can pretty much ask for anything.

I plan on giving 2 dollars as a tip unless I get really complicated with my order, then I will give 3-4.

Here's a lesson I learned about ordering jelly on the Valor in January.

I thought the jelly would be in those cute little packs like they have in most restaurants; you know, one jelly is enough for 1/2 of a biscuit ! So, I ordered 4 jellies for the two of us. Look carefully at the one on the left in the back to see just how deep those little dishes were. LOL, the next time, I ordered one jelly for us to share.

January2012_0138.jpg

And it looks like you got my cream cheese too!icon7.gif

On the Freedom, we just ordered by phone the night before and specified exactly what we wanted. Came on time and we had the tip ready. Each time, they gave us way more than for the two of us...four coffee cups for the two of us one morning! LOL

Is the half and half on the door hangar breakfast menu served in those tiny, plastic single serving containers or does it come in a larger pouring creamer that's equal to several of the small ones? Thanks.

Can I get breakfast burritos from room service? I have my first ever balcony and I'm looking forward to breakfast on my balcony, but I can't wait to have breakfast burritos as sea!

No. As a matter of fact they were only available once the entire week on the Glory.

Is the half and half on the door hangar breakfast menu served in those tiny, plastic single serving containers or does it come in a larger pouring creamer that's equal to several of the small ones? Thanks.

It's not the tiny little plastic cups with the paper on top, but it isn't a huge creamer ramekin either. I'd say it holds enough for two average sized servings. If I recall, ordering 2 is always enough for dh & I.

On the Legend in January, we wrote "2 BLT's. No Mayo." on our door hanger just to see if they would actually bring them...and they delivered! We enjoyed them on the balcony 4 of the 7 mornings! TALL stack of bacon w/lettuce and tomato on toast. Added coffee and fruit and were satisfied! Was pleasantly surprised. :)

On the Legend in January, we wrote "2 BLT's. No Mayo." on our door hanger just to see if they would actually bring them...and they delivered! We enjoyed them on the balcony 4 of the 7 mornings! TALL stack of bacon w/lettuce and tomato on toast. Added coffee and fruit and were satisfied! Was pleasantly surprised. :)

Ha! I think I'll write Eggs Benedict on my card this coming January on my Dream cruise! ;)

Seriously though, I AM going to write in scrambled eggs. I mean, how hard would it be? I am sure they have pounds of it somewhere in the galley and shouldn't be much trouble. I might try the Eggs Benedict thing on the second to last morning just to see if it happens. lol

Ha! I think I'll write Eggs Benedict on my card this coming January on my Dream cruise! ;)

Seriously though, I AM going to write in scrambled eggs. I mean, how hard would it be? I am sure they have pounds of it somewhere in the galley and shouldn't be much trouble. I might try the Eggs Benedict thing on the second to last morning just to see if it happens. lol

You could order that on HAL if the dining room was open. Also a full dining room dinner to be delivered. I was thinking the same thing however, to give it a try and see what happens. We did enjoy that.

Hugh in Dallas

This has been the best thread ever! Great info for a first time cruiser thanks. Those croissants look really good, do they have Nutella? I love Nutella with my pastries :) I will be packing some if they don't.

Glad to hear that I can get peanut butter with my bagels too! One of my favorite breakfasts.

Erica

I am Soooo trying this when we are on the dream in 9 days!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Coffee - order 2 and you get 1 caraffe, 2 coffee cups.

Juice - order 2 and you get 2 cups filled to the brim

Tea - order 2 and you get 1 caraffe of hot water, 2 cups, and 2 tea bags

Cereal - order 1 and you get an individual serving box, but no milk

You must specify if you want milk, creamer, sugar, jelly, etc. and how many.

I've had it both ways with the cereal/milk. Sometimes if we've ordered cereal and one milk, we'd get two milks, one to drink and one for the cereal. Other times, we'd just get the one milk.

I've also had it where we order a certain amount of food and they've actually sent extra, though, so perhaps they didn't think we had ordered enough food.

Until this last cruise ours was ALWAYS late by at least 30 minutes so I adjusted the time a bit. Well, we had a cabin with the long hallway from the door to the main area so I didn't hear them knocking at the door, but the phone rang angrily and the server was a little miffed when she said "ROOM SERVICE. You have to answer your door!" :o:o

This is one thing I like about RCI room service. They always call your room when your breakfast is on the way. So we use it as a wake up call. Gives you time to grab your robe and some tip money and be ready to answer the door when it arrives.

Wish Carnival would do that too.

I have a question about the hangers.

Do they multiply the number of people in the cabin by the number of items you specify?

If I mark 2 bagels and indicate 2 people will I get 4 bagels?

If you get the quantity ordered on a per item basis, why is there a number of people question?

I'm wondering how much I should tip for room service?? In the past, I have always just added a dollar or two on my S&S card, but I'm just wondering if that's enough....

Thanks for the advice!:)

I brought about $10 in 1 dollar bills & gave them 1-2 each trip, depending on what I ordered. The first night, I ordered hot chocolate & a plate of cookies, ate 2 & bagged the rest for the rest of the cruise. Other nights, I ordered non-fat milk to drink with the cookies; breakfast was hot chocolate or juice, toast & fruit to hold me over to MDR breakfast:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
I brought about $10 in 1 dollar bills & gave them 1-2 each trip, depending on what I ordered. The first night, I ordered hot chocolate & a plate of cookies, ate 2 & bagged the rest for the rest of the cruise. Other nights, I ordered non-fat milk to drink with the cookies; breakfast was hot chocolate or juice, toast & fruit to hold me over to MDR breakfast:eek:

Ohh I didn't know you could order milk and cookies :D

The sugar arrives in a little container with 3 packets of each kind, regular, etc.

So you can either grab some extra from the Lido deck, specify what kind you want on your room service order, or do what I do...I bring my own round 1 lb. container of sugar. I dislike the packets, and in the hotels I stay at, there is always not enough sugar.

I also use my cell phone (on airplane mode, of course), for my alarm clock. It's loud and very portable...lol. Set it for 15 min. before my order is set to arrive.

Melanie

Archived