Ordering Room Service Breakfast

cawagner

I have a question about the hangers.

Do they multiply the number of people in the cabin by the number of items you specify?

If I mark 2 bagels and indicate 2 people will I get 4 bagels?

If you get the quantity ordered on a per item basis, why is there a number of people question?

No, you will just get 2 bagels. They usually need the # count to determine how many coffee cups, cereal bowls and/or silverware to send.

For example, if you ordered two boxes of cereal and marked one person then you would receive only one bowl and spoon where as if you marked two people, that would tell

them to put two bowls and two spoons on the tray.

On our last cruise, we ordered room service every morning. They were 15-20 minutes early every morning...and since this was our wakeup call, we learned after 2 or 3 days that we should put the time down for 20 minutes AFTER we actually wanted to wake up...sure enough, they showed up right "on time"! (20 min earlier than we put down = exactly the time we wanted to wake up!)

I travel solo and ordered 2 carafes of coffee. I got 4 coffee cups!

I tried to develop a taste for lox but it's a no go. I like the bagels and some fruit.

Never saw flavored creamers.

Once for lunch I ordered a BLT and got it on plain white bread, no toast. Gross.

On our last cruise, we ordered room service every morning. They were 15-20 minutes early every morning...and since this was our wakeup call, we learned after 2 or 3 days that we should put the time down for 20 minutes AFTER we actually wanted to wake up...sure enough, they showed up right "on time"! (20 min earlier than we put down = exactly the time we wanted to wake up!)

Last two cruises they were 30 minutes late both times.

On the Legend in January, we wrote "2 BLT's. No Mayo." on our door hanger just to see if they would actually bring them...and they delivered! We enjoyed them on the balcony 4 of the 7 mornings! TALL stack of bacon w/lettuce and tomato on toast. Added coffee and fruit and were satisfied! Was pleasantly surprised. :)

Thanks for this idea. I tried it last week on Fascination. Loved the bacon and toast with my coffee.

Bwahaha! Yes, true & too funny!

I've never had consistency about when room service shows up. On a port day when I was on the ship and most everyone else was off I ordered and it took 50 minutes! Other times 20-30 min.

We have had the same experience, rarely right on time when using the breakfast card, usually 15-20 minutes either way (nbd).

Other times no real rhyme or reason, sometimes have trouble even getting through to place an order..

Archived