Different Floor Plans

Why does RCCL website show different 2nd floor plans than Expedia or Travelocity. Room #'s are moved around and RCCL does not show the movie theater. Has this changed since the refurb? Was the theater removed for more staterooms?

Part of the reason is that non-RCI websites often use "similar" deck plans (i.e., other ships in the same family) that are not identical. Also, some of the travel sites don't update changes that were made after the original plans were issued, but before the ship was actually built (i.e., plans for a bar that was changed to something else).

Also, which ship are you referring to? It could very well be that changes were made during a refurbishment (if you mean major refurbishment and not just the standard dry-dock) that were not planned.

I've often found little discrepancies in the non-RCI sites.

beachchick

It sounds like you are talking about the Sovereign. The 2nd floor was redone during the last drydock. The is no longer a theater,they took it out and replaced it with cabins. The floor plan without the theater should be the correct one.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I was talking about the Sovereign.Silly me! Trying to figure out if there was still a movie theater. My mom and I are trying to plan a trip(she's in Michigan-I'm in Colorado). She is looking at an old brochure(pre refurb), I'm looking at the website and trying to compare Expedia, Travelocity fares, etc. We were getting pretty confused where the rooms were located, if we could even locate the room numbers. We wnted rooms close to each other-one inside-one oceanview)Then we actually booked and got bumped to the 4th level anyway. Oh well! just another trip to look forward to.

Archived