Round Trip to Europe

RWayne

I've been scouring the web sites and can't find a round trip to Europe - either from Ft Lauderdale or Galveston. The best I can come up with is a one way to Europe and to take the Queen Mary (Cunard) home. Any idea why Princess doesn't do a round trip? Is it because there isn't enough interest?

Hi, I had a 'round trip to europe' booked for this fall but sadly had to cancel for this year - hoping to go next year.

Here is what I had planned : Oct. 20 - NYC to Southampton - QM11

Oct. 27- S'hampton to Rome - QE11

(get off in Rome, don't return to S'hamp.)

Nov. 9 - Rome to Ft. Laud. or Galveston -

Grand Princess.

You would need 1 night hotel in S'hampton and 2 nites in Rome. I'm going to try my best to do it next year. Good luck.

The ships do a 'round' trip' but in Apr./May eastbound and Oct/Nov. westbound. Only Cunard does it concurrently.

I've been scouring the web sites and can't find a round trip to Europe - either from Ft Lauderdale or Galveston. The best I can come up with is a one way to Europe and to take the Queen Mary (Cunard) home. Any idea why Princess doesn't do a round trip? Is it because there isn't enough interest?

RWayne,

I think it's because Princess tends to use it's transatlantic cruises as repositioning cruises - getting their ships to and from Europe for the summer season. The ships head over in late April or early May spend the season there and then head back "home" in Sept or Oct.

There is a thread about for going one way on QM2, and back on a Princess ship.

That is about the only way, unless you want to go round-trip on QM2. Mass market lines move their ships to Europe for the summer, and don't do the round trips.

I suspect that it's because the cruise companies would have trouble filling these ships. Most people simply don't have the time to sail back and forth over the Atlantic.

Something for them to consider: We're getting older, retiring and have or will soon have the time to do these cruises. So spare us a thought or two in planning, Princess!

A crossing is a little different than a cruise. Crossings are usually all sea days and round trip of that would be 12-14 sea days. As much as I love sea days that would be a bit much. I did the QEII crossing which was great and stayed on her for the Mediterranean. You would not have any ports except the one when you reached Europe and you would be there for only a few hours before you started back across the pond. It is more like traveling used to be before airplanes.

Archived