River Cruise,September,October,Rhine,Danube

2LoveToTravel

We are thinking of taking a river cruise in September or October. We have taken many ocean voyages, but this would be our first river cruise. Which lines are the best, and have the newer boats? Danube or Rhine would be our preference. Any thoughts???

My suggestion as to which river is to research the itineraries and see if one appeals to you more. Having been on both I would have a hard time picking one because they are different and offer variable experiences. No matter which one you choose you like likely come back to sail on the other.

As for ships, again, what is important to you? Is it room size, location, price, do you want a balcony, etc. Many of the lines have or are in the process of building new ships and you'll find on cc that each line has many supporters. I believe for shear numbers Viking will have the greatest number of new ships over the next few years. IMO the more research you do, the easier your decision will be. Good luck!

Like jacksonnh said - do a lot of research and select a cruise that best accomodates your needs.

I've only cruised the Rhine but I've been to Germany a number of times. IMO the cities and towns along the Danube are more interesting. Perhaps our next cruise is on the Danube. Just my opinion, others will disagree.

Read this board a lot, do your own research on what appeals to you and remember that newer doesn't always mean better.

Archived