Infinity - FV 9197 - Smoke Issues?

JennyT

I just read that there may be issues with smoke while on the balcony of our cabin? We're on the May 11th sailing to Alaska - it's too late to change cabins now... I'd read about possible noise issues - got earplugs in case we need to deal with that. Don't know what to do about smoke - and I'm highly sensitive. :(

Has anyone sailed in this cabin before? Can you tell me if there was an issue with smoke? I'm going to be devastated if I can't take advantage of that wonderful balcony!

I would be more bothered by black soot from the smoke stacks. Particularly bothersome the further back you are. That stuff sticks to everything. Just ask the attendant to wipe things down outside every now and then. As for breathing it, not much you can do about that.

The M class ships are powered by turbine engines and do not have a soot problem. I have stayed in most of the corner FV cabins on the M class ships, including 9197, and have not been bothered by any smoke from above. The only time I was bothered by smoke was from people smoking on their balconey, before Celebrity changed their no smoking policy. You will hear the noise from chairs being moved around and will hear the music being played from the aft bar.

The M class ships are powered by turbine engines and do not have a soot problem. I have stayed in most of the corner FV cabins on the M class ships, including 9197, and have not been bothered by any smoke from above. The only time I was bothered by smoke was from people smoking on their balconey, before Celebrity changed their no smoking policy. You will hear the noise from chairs being moved around and will hear the music being played from the aft bar.

Oh that's very good news! Thank you!

We were on the Constellation which is M class and had room number 8166 in an FV cabin and had continuous issues with soot. It wasn't terrible but definately noticeable. We had a white table cloth put on our veranda table and over night it was soiled.

We had to be very careful about tracking it into the room especially if we walked barefoot out on the balcony. Our room stewart, Suhas, was very good about wiping down the deck furniture and even cleaning the deck but we still had to be cautious.

.....& loved it ! No problems.

If you have not had one of these FV rooms before, you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

We are on the same cruise as you & actually tried to get that room again but it was already taken......by you :O)

Luckily for us we were able to snag one on deck 8 !

.....& loved it ! No problems.

If you have not had one of these FV rooms before, you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

We are on the same cruise as you & actually tried to get that room again but it was already taken......by you :O)

Luckily for us we were able to snag one on deck 8 !

Great to hear! We booked pretty late and were very surprised to be able to get the room. Glad you were able to grab another!

Archived