quick Seward question

Naps

A lot depends upon when you're going. I have been looking into this myself, and according to the calendar on the Exit Glacier Guides' website, their shuttles do not begin until June 1.

PJS Taxi, in Seward, also makes trips out to the Exit Glacier, so I contacted them to see whether they would be able to take us out there while we're in Seward May 16-18. Here is what they told me:

We got alot of snow this year so it will be hard to tell till the time gets a little closer if the road will be open by then or not. I'm sure part of it should be open by then, you might just have to walk a little farther and I do recommend waterproof footwear. It's 15 miles out of town with 3 gates they unlock as the road clears. Check back with me as the date gets closer and I can update you.

PJ's is $50 for a roundtrip for up to 7 people. There are no phones or cell service at the glacier so a prearranged time is needed for pick up. The Exit Glacier Guides shuttle has pickups every hour during the day and is $10 for the roundtrip.

When we stopped in Seward, they had "shuttles" right there.........we bought tickets and jumped on.

Actually, we thought we might go right through the wooden floor! We could see the road flying by once we got onto the road directly to the glacier.

It's definitely worth going to. There's a small visitor center and then a short, paved trail to the face of the glacier.

On another trip, my daughter hiked the LONG, difficult hike in pouring down rain........and loved the scenery.

I think they gave me the wrong baby at the hospital; I stayed at the B and B that day! ;)

Archived