Advance tickets for Hydrofoil naples/capri

sancruise

You can, but I don't think it's wise. First, I only know of one company that sells them on line and that may not be the one with the best times. Second, the tickets are sold for specific crossings so, if for some reason you are delayed, I don't know how hard/easy it would be to exchange them.

However, to answer your question, here's the web site for SNAV, where you can buy them: http://www.snav.it/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=1&lang=eng&view=frontpage

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know where online you can purchase hydrofoil tickets in advance to go between naples and capri? I prefer not to wait until get there as have a tight schedule....

I know this post is very old but I am a few months away from going through the same thing. Did you prebook? Did it work out?

I will echo what Euro-cruiser advised in his 2012 post. Nothing has changed. Although it might be possible to purchase a ticket in advance, experience and wisdom dictates that this is not a very good idea. There are several companies that operate the hydrofoil/jetboats to Capri and their tickets ARE NO interchangeable. Since schedules are always subject to change (and even cancellation due to weather/sea conditions) and one cannot know excactly when they will be able to get to the ferry complex it just makes sense to buy your ticket when you arrive at the ferry complex. This allows you to check the current schedule and buy a ticket on the next boat....regardless of which company is operating that boat. Otherwise, you might find yourself waiting around at the ferry complex for more then an hour why you wait for your particular company's next boat.

Hank

I will echo what Euro-cruiser advised in his 2012 post. Nothing has changed. Although it might be possible to purchase a ticket in advance, experience and wisdom dictates that this is not a very good idea. There are several companies that operate the hydrofoil/jetboats to Capri and their tickets ARE NO interchangeable. Since schedules are always subject to change (and even cancellation due to weather/sea conditions) and one cannot know excactly when they will be able to get to the ferry complex it just makes sense to buy your ticket when you arrive at the ferry complex. This allows you to check the current schedule and buy a ticket on the next boat....regardless of which company is operating that boat. Otherwise, you might find yourself waiting around at the ferry complex for more then an hour why you wait for your particular company's next boat.

Hank

Thanks Hank. I was trying to save time waiting to buy a ticket as I know it will be busy but it seems that many think this isn't a good idea. So I guess I'll just go there and hopefully the line isn't terrible.

Thanks!