Storing luggage at Seattle’s Pier 66 (Bell Street), post-cruise

SB007

Previous posts have asked about options near Pier 66 for storing luggage on disembarkation day, in order to sightsee in downtown Seattle without suitcases, before catching a flight home later that day. Others have suggested storing the bags at a nearby hotel, or renting a car for the day to use for both touring and as a mobile storage locker.

I emailed the Port of Seattle using the contact information posted at their website: http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Bell-Street-at-Pier-66/Pages/default.aspx

It sounds like you can store luggage at the Pier 66 terminal on disembarkation day (and not have to drag it around with you while being a tourist in Seattle for the day) – but only until 3:00 pm.

Here is what I asked: “I'd like more information regarding the luggage storage offered by the Cruise Terminal Concierge, post-cruise at Pier 66. How much does it cost, how many (and what size) suitcases can we store there, and where exactly is it located? Thank you.”

Here is their reply: “Thank you for your note. The concierge is located at the front of the terminal adjacent to the bus loading lot. The cost is $3 per bag. It is open 7:30 - 3:00 pm on cruise days only.”

Hopefully this information helps with your planning.

just as an fyi ... the Pier 91 Concierge provides the same luggage storage. However the web site says 7:30am - 3:30pm.

(Storage at pier 91 isn't as convenient because it's 5 miles north of the downtown core, so you would need a taxi to get back to the pier to retrieve it) http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know what the fee is to store the luggage? If your cruise ship is at pier 91, can you go to pier 66 to store your luggage? Thanks

As stated above in post #1, the cost per bag is $3.

The Port of Seattle website does not specify that Pier 66 luggage storage is reserved only for passengers of Celebrity or Norwegian cruise lines -- you could give the Port of Seattle Headquarters a call at (206) 787-3000​ if you're worried about that. (A response via email from their Contact page takes more than a week; phoning would give you a faster answer.)

Thanks SB007, I missed the fee. I guess I will just have to see if there is a cruise on the same day we are coming in, since it states that they are open only when there is a cruise at port. Thanks, I must have missed that!

Thanks SB007, I missed the fee. I guess I will just have to see if there is a cruise on the same day we are coming in, since it states that they are open only when there is a cruise at port. Thanks, I must have missed that!

No worries. Here is the link to the 2012 cruise ship schedule for the Port of Seattle (for both Piers 66 and 91).

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Schedules-Cruise-Lines/Documents/2012_Cruise_Schedule.pdf

Hope it works out for you!

No worries. Here is the link to the 2012 cruise ship schedule for the Port of Seattle (for both Piers 66 and 91).

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Schedules-Cruise-Lines/Documents/2012_Cruise_Schedule.pdf

Hope it works out for you!

Thanks so much, it looks like there is another cruise in port, so I guess we can store the bags there:)

Thanks for the help!

Archived