Bringing Wine Abord - Tried a search.... Sorry

Anthony327

Been a few years since I've cruised Celebrity. Last year HAL, no problem bringing wine onboard @ beginning & at ports (Alaska).

RCCL doesn't allow any longer any alcohol even at start of the cruise.

We are cruising Mediterranean departing Barcelona. Do I remember a wine store @ the port?

Can we bring on board @ start wines? Can we at ports?

Thanks,

Surprised that the search didn't pull anything up, though Celebrity's search engine is fairly unreliable. The allowance is two bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation. No liquor, beer, liqueur. Unlimited soft drinks allowed. They are not supposed to allow any further wine, but enforcement of that varies. Some cruisers are stopped on re-entering the ship and have to check their wines in, for delivery back to them on the last night. Others walk right through. YMMV.

We are cruising Mediterranean departing Barcelona. Do I remember a wine store @ the port?

When we sailed out of Barcelona, there was a nice duty-free wine store within the waiting area after you go through port security.

You can read Celebrity's policy for bringing wine onboard for 2012-2013 cruising on their website. Open an ebrochure at the bottom of their home page and then open the Travel Information section...yes, it isn't the easiest policy to locate.

It states in part that you can bring 2-750ml or smaller bottles of wine "per stateroom" on board at the beginning of the cruise. Consumption in any lounge or dining room is subject to a $25 corkage fee.

I hope this helps you.

~~Judy

When departing from Barcelona there is a liquor and wine store after you go through security. You can bring on as much as you want because they don't inspect your carry ons after you go through security. Just keep in mind if you bring the wine to a public place you will be charged a $25 corkage fee. We brought lots inboard that we bought in those stores before we boarded this past October.

Jo. -Ann

Archived