Galveston Weather in the FAll

jsmac3

Considering a fall cruise out of Galveston on the Magic or Triumph. I'm wondering what the normal conditions are like on the sea days going & returning to Galveston. Thanks for any information.

I've been on three cruises out of Galveston early Nov. Weather was fine and warm in all of the ports (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica, Progresso). The seas were rougher than my cruise in March though. So if you get seasick, which I do, arm yourself w/ a remedy!

Being from Texas , I can tell you that in October and especially November , you never know what the weather is going to do...Sometimes we have cold fronts in November , and sometimes it is still hot.. We cruise in Oct or Nov , and again in Mar or Apr,,,,WE were on the Magic last Nov 14 , and the weather was fine.. Also , in Oct , there can still be some threat of a hurricane.. I don't really worry about it , just find the best prices in those months , and go..;)

I have cruised in Nov and March and the seas were rather rough in Nov. March was smooth sailing.

I also heard from a few others that that time of yr can be rougher. However I will say it is more on the first sea day and last. Not so much closer to the islands.

Archived