Just booked Carnival Dream - what should I know?

mchelle77

We just got back from our first ever cruise (NCL NY to Bahamas) and we just booked our second (Carnival Port Canaveral to St Thomas/St Maarten). I feel like I'm starting from scratch by going to a new cruiseline and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a few threads here that will get me familiar with Carnival/Carnival Dream.

We're going with another couple with a son that's our daughter's age, and an aunt and 21 year old cousin. I'd love info comparing the two lines, but mostly info on the Camp Carnival, and info on the "Your Time" dining (which we chose since we're coming from the "Freestyle" NCL dining)

I'll definitely be doing my research, and have plenty of time (we're going April 2013), but if anyone knows offhand any helpful threads, I'd appreciate the help. TIA.

We sailed her in August and loved it! Our boys were 12 & 14 at the time, they went to Circle C. Our youngest didn't do much of the planned activities, but our oldest did everything they had planned.

We also did my time dining. My inlaws were with us. The only thing about my time, all fo us had to be there before they would seat us. No big deal but the first night, my family and I went down early to get a table, and we had to wait for them. However, even after waiting for them, we got a table right away.

Don't go to some "class" called say goodbye to bad hair days. Its just a sale promotion of their shampoo......:mad: felt like an idiiot, I was the only one in there.

We were midship cabin on the empress deck, we never felt any motion, until the last night when we were behind Hurricane Irene. It was really bad. I never felt any motion anytime we were on the ship, other than that night. When we would leave port, I would never had known, other than seeing trees or something go by.

We had a great time and do plan on sailing again in 2013.

Oh yeh and never noticed a smell either. Have a great time!

You should know that you will have another super vacation. We sailed her last May and absolutely loved it. It's a beautiful ship. We will sail her again in the future. Loved St. Thomas and St. Martin. Enjoy your trip!:o:o:o:)

We just got back from our first ever cruise (NCL NY to Bahamas) and we just booked our second (Carnival Port Canaveral to St Thomas/St Maarten). I feel like I'm starting from scratch by going to a new cruiseline and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a few threads here that will get me familiar with Carnival/Carnival Dream.

We're going with another couple with a son that's our daughter's age, and an aunt and 21 year old cousin. I'd love info comparing the two lines, but mostly info on the Camp Carnival, and info on the "Your Time" dining (which we chose since we're coming from the "Freestyle" NCL dining)

I'll definitely be doing my research, and have plenty of time (we're going April 2013), but if anyone knows offhand any helpful threads, I'd appreciate the help. TIA.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/...eam/dream.html

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/dream/interactivemap.html

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

I will start you with my top 3 picks....have fun:o

If you have Your Time Dining, you may want to request to be in Pranee's section. She was the best. Also, some people say that you cannot see the dancing waiters upstairs where Your Time Dining is, however, we had waiters dancing upstairs and could see them just fine.

We went to the same ports that you are scheduled to go and here is my quick review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593346&highlight=quickie

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

Thank you so much, everyone!

cruisinfam - we sailed through the nor'easter that came up the coast on our last cruise (halfway through Sunday, off of the coast of NC/SC, it got REALLY choppy) I'm surprised my husband, who got a little sick, still wanted to cruise again. This time he insisted we NOT go out of NY though :)

Are their formal nights on CCL? NCL didn't have any, so that'll be new for us.

I've got plenty of time today, I plan on jumping in and getting all the info I can. Thanks again!

Thank you so much, everyone!

cruisinfam - we sailed through the nor'easter that came up the coast on our last cruise (halfway through Sunday, off of the coast of NC/SC, it got REALLY choppy) I'm surprised my husband, who got a little sick, still wanted to cruise again. This time he insisted we NOT go out of NY though :)

Are their formal nights on CCL? NCL didn't have any, so that'll be new for us.

I've got plenty of time today, I plan on jumping in and getting all the info I can. Thanks again!

SILLY ME...THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE

http://www.*****/carnival/info.html

yep there will be 2 formal nights....there will be a mix of dress on those nights. Everything from ball gowns to regular dresses or tuxes to just dress shirt and ties. We had such a great time on her last time that we just booked her again for next year. She is definately a beautiful ship. The pasta bar upstairs from the lido buffet is very yummy!!

Archived