TAMPA hotels with shuttles?

Unknotted

Does anyone know of any hotels in Tampa that have free shuttles both from the airport and to the cruise port? We had such great luck finding some in Ft. Lauderdale but haven't come across any in Tampa.

When we cruised out of Tampa we stayed at the Marriott Waterside and it was a beautiful hotel. I don't think it has a shuttle but I believe a cab was about $20. The port is within walking distance, at the most a 5 minute walk. It was kinda neat eating breakfast the morning of cruise and seeing our ship out the window.

FLL/Port Everglades is just a fluke with the airport and cruiseport being so close together. TPA is a flat-rate taxi ride $25 (Nov.'11). Easier to find free shuttle to airport area hotels.

Does anyone know of any hotels in Tampa that have free shuttles both from the airport and to the cruise port? We had such great luck finding some in Ft. Lauderdale but haven't come across any in Tampa.

We have used the Holiday Inn Rocky Point twice for our pre-cruise hotel. We like the fact that they have round trip shuttle service. The pick-up at the port after the cruise is a $25 savings as that is the flat rate taxi fare to TIA. Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites RP also have the pkg with the return shuttle.

www.stay123.com will also give you a list of some other Tampa hotels with cruise pkgs.

:):)

We stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Westshore Tampa and really liked it. The staff was some of the best that I have ever encountered at any hotel.

They offer free airport shuttle and have a shuttle to the port for a minimal charge ($5 I believe) which you can reserve when you check in.

The free breakfast was really good too!

We had a room with 2 beds + a sofa sleeper and a bar with mini fridge, microwave and sink.

The also allowed my friend who drove down from Northern Florida to leave her car there while we cruised.

The best feature in my opinion was the free shuttle within a 3 mile radius. The driver took us to dinner at Lee Roy Selmon's (amazingly awesome food and terrific fried green tomato's) and then took us to a liquor store and Walmart so that we could purchase wine/champagne and soda to take on board and a few incidentals that we left at home.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Gina

We stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Westshore Tampa and really liked it. The staff was some of the best that I have ever encountered at any hotel.

They offer free airport shuttle and have a shuttle to the port for a minimal charge ($5 I believe) which you can reserve when you check in.

We had a room with 2 beds + a sofa sleeper and a bar with mini fridge, microwave and sink.

The also allowed my friend who drove down from Northern Florida to leave her car there while we cruised.

The best feature in my opinion was the free shuttle within a 3 mile radius. The driver took us to dinner at Lee Roy Selmon's (amazingly awesome food and terrific fried green tomato's) and then took us to a liquor store and Walmart so that we could purchase wine/champagne and soda to take on board and a few incidentals that we left at home.

Gina

how long ago did you stay? and how did you book the room (priceline, stay123, or directly throu the hotel?)

how long ago did you stay? and how did you book the room (priceline, stay123, or directly throu the hotel?)

It's been a little over a year since we stayed. Since we had 5 in our group and wanted to share 1 room, we couldn't do the Priceline or Hotwire thing since they only guarantee 1 room and 1 bed.

We booked directly through the hotels website and got a a room that slept 5 in two beds and 1 sofa sleeper including 7 days free parking and breakfast and I believe we paid $119.00 total for the 1 night.

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites in Ybor near the Fairgrounds last year. They have a cruise package and will provide a free shuttle to and from the port with free parking at the hotel for those who drive in to Tampa. Rates depend on the time of year, but they are very flexible with pick-up times for the shuttle and it's a 5 min ride to the port. If the shuttle can't be there when you want to head to/from the port then the hotel will pay the cab fare. It's not a hot breakfast, but they do have a decent continental breakfast with waffels and the typical eggs, sausage, biscuit and pastries thing. The rooms are very clean and the staff are friendly. It's in a weird location, but I would recommend it.

Gina

We are staying at Palm Pavilion Inn in Clearwater Beach could someone tell me the best way to get to the cruise terminal in Tampa should I use a taxi and how much?

• 4 weeks later...

Gina

I am staying here the end of June for a July 1st departure.

The price for the shuttle is $5/person up to 4, minimum of $20. There are just 2 of us going on the cruise so guess we are paying $10/person. Still MUCH cheaper than parking at the port as I will be leaving my car at the airport.

24 Days!!!!!!!!

The price for the shuttle is $5/person up to 4, minimum of $20. There are just 2 of us going on the cruise so guess we are paying $10/person. Still MUCH cheaper than parking at the port as I will be leaving my car at the airport.

24 Days!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your cruise! LOVED the Legend!

24 Days!!!!!!!!

Oops meant I'm leaving my car at the hotel. Less $$$ than leaving it at the port or the airport! lol

Archived