Aft cabin on Infinity to Antarctica?

pacheco18

Just put a hold on my favorite M class cabin -- an aft -- for a Feb 2014 Antarctica cruise. Now I am having second thoughts about cabin selection. Too cold to even use that great balcony? Seas too rough to be aft? Should I seek something low and midship?

If any of you have sailed to Antarctica in an aft cabin on the M class ships or in any other cabin and have thoughts on this issue I'd appreciate your advice.

I can't help you because our "around the horn" cruise was I think, an exception as we had wonderful weather with calm seas. We were sorta disappointed:D But if Brazilgirl reads this maybe she can answer your questions. She did Antarctica in 2010 and did a wonderful blog. If I remember correctly she did have some "lumpy seas" on her cruise.

We did a colder weather cruise from an aft balcony a few years ago. The balconies on the side of the ship will be very cold and windy. But an aft balcony, is pretty sheltered. They even had wool blankets to use both on deck and on our balcony.

Hello!

I did do the Antarctica cruise and I had an corner Aft FV. Absolutely hold on to it! It was the best part of our cruise!

I have some great photos of us huddled on our balcony , sipping coffee and looking at the icebergs.

I had a close encounter with a whale while on the balcony at 5 a.m , so special!It came up quite close ...amazing.

I will post my photos and link to our blog , from my other computer , in a bit.

DO NOT let the wonderful balcony go!

Kim

Photo taken from our balcony upon arrival in Ushuaia:

dgszn8.jpg

Me , looking at the Great White Continent

x4nek3.jpg

Our daughter on our balcony

2cag6o.jpg

Having coffee and hot chocolate on our balcony

4tvgoi.jpg

We went up on deck , of course , for a different perspective , but the weather did turn and our balcony was much better protected from the biting wind.

Here is my full review if interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1146082&highlight=antarctica

Have fun!

We had it also. Never sailed all the waymbecause of weather but I would keep it. Best view on the ship!

You guys make me feel good about my decision of securing an aft AQ1 cabin 1140 of Infinity for our 2014 Antarctica cruise.

Ricky

I'm so happy for all the positive answers because I have asked myself the same question countless times - last year we were able to snag the very last aft-view cabin on "Infinity" for the Antarctic cruise in February '13. But I didn't know up to now if we made the right decision, as we usually tend to stay midships.

So now I can't wait for having hot chocolate on our balcony, watching the waves and waiting for icebergs floating by - good weather provided!

Thank you all who took the trouble answering in such a positive way!!

Archived