Grand Cayman Disembarking Question

dave_k63

Sorry for a dumb question. We have never been to Grand Cayman. I know it's a tendering port - and we arrive at 7am on the Conquest. If we book a stingray city and snorkeling excursion with Captain Marvin's that is supposed to leave at 8:30 - would we be disembarked in time to make it? Would it be better to take the 11:30 excursion? I know at other tendering ports we have been to, it was sometimes a long process, and the people who had booked through the ship got off first. Not sure if this is still the case. Captain Marvin's is about $100 cheaper for the four of us. Thanks, anyone for any information.

To be safe, go with the later excursion time - just be sure you have time to get back to the ship once the excursion is over. We were on Voyager this past March - our tender ticket was group #6. We would have missed an earlier excursion, but had plenty of time left to walk and shop around after the later excursion.

Honestly, I would just email and ask them.

I have gone with Captain marvins a couple times, and I think we did the early time, too. The walk to the meeting point is very short, and I recall waiting for several people who were late.

Tour operators know these ship itineraries like the back of their hands, and they will tell you if 8:30 is do-able. That said, if you decide to do the 8:30, be ready to leave the ship ASAP... stinks to wait for folks who are late because they were sleeping in. ;)

No problem. Not sure if this matters to you one way or the other, but for me, a benefit in the earlier trip is that it is not as hot out yet (I don't do well with super hot!).

Enjoy that trip. It's a ball.

Oh, one more thing, last time I was there, they had a guy onboard taking photos of everyone and then trying to sell the CD to folks with their pictures on them (also had some "stock" photos). Some people paid good money and bought them right away. My group of 3 was on the fence and did not commit right away. The guy came back around a couple times and the price dropped each time. I think in the end we caved and bought it for about $10 whereas the others had paid ALOT more. Haggle. ;)

Ty jlajla - I would just as soon take the 8:30 due to the heat - just not sure if I can depend on getting the tender in time. I know we would be ready - just not sure how soon we will get on if we don't take the carnival sponsored tours. I'll warn wife about the photos - she's terrible about accepting the very first offer for the pics. People have told me they've paid hundreds for the CDs

All passengers that booked excursions through Carnival tender 1st. All others wishing to exit earlier must report to a meeting place with their entire party and wait to be assigned a number. Once your number is called; you can precede to the tender boarding area. After the last numbers are called you are free to tender at your leisure.

Archived