Snorkle Park?

preb

Does anyone know anything about the Snorkle Park near the Dockyards in Bermuda? Is it worth a few hours visit? Nice beach? Do they rent equipment? Changing facilities? Snack bar? Walking distance from the ship?:confused:

Yes a nice beach.

When we went in September there were a lot of jelly fish. They were still building the park, so facilities were limited. They rent equipment. Its a short walk from the ship. Nice to spend a few hours. Just outside the ship by the bus stop is a little store. Wise to stop and buy bottle water,soda,ice tea,etc.

A better beach a short bus ride away is Horse Shoe Bay. They also rent equipment ,umbrella's, floats, etc. They also have a snack bar, showers. Only problem is you have to walk a steep hill down to the beach (not bad going down). They have a bus service up the hill (I believe $1.00 p/p) worth it.

If your in Dockyard for a couple of days the bus tickets(unlimited 3 day pass) is worth it. You can also take the water taxi from dockyard to Hamilton.

Thanks, Cathey!

How long does it take by bus to Horseshoe Bay? Can you catch the bus right at Dockyards?

Do you know how much it would be by cab? We'll be traveling with my 6 year old daughter and my 70 year old mother, so it might be easier to just take a cab.

Thanks for any advise you can give us!

Was in Dockyard last week, Thursday and Friday morning and Snorkel Park was closed due to last minute renovations. NCL cancelled our excursion because it was supposed to take place there! I was disappointed, but I'll just have to go there next time I visit. Just one of the many reasons to go back to this BEAUTIFUL island!

*~Pamela~*

• 2 months later...

Do you have to pay for entrance to the Snorkle Park? Are there concessions? How about changing facilities with showers?

Thanks for adding the photos... We had heard about the park but never been. Really don't know too much about it.

The snorkel park was GREAT! Don't miss it! There were no jelly fish when I was there.

Bring some cornflakes and feed the fish, and don't forget your underwater camera. We went after 3pm to avoid the crowds. I loved it!

I was there last Wednesday for a meeting with the owner (if anyone saw a gentleman at Snorkel Park wearing Bermuda shorts, long socks and a jacket -that was me). Admission is free. The facilities are brand new and looked nice. Snorkel Park is apparantly getting popular with local companies who are booking it for staff summer parties and functions.

Archived