Alaska Stops

If you do a google image search on any of those cities you will be greeted with thousands of photos. Is there something different that you're looking for? I know because I'm going on the same cruise :)

I have tons of pictures from the ship, all the way up and down. I couldn't tell you where most of them were taken, and that's one thing I wish for every time, is a detailed map of where we are along the route.

They do have the map on the TV screen but it just shows general areas, not specific.

I see the itinerary you are on, and we've done that one 4 times. On Sunday morning, your first full day at sea, be where you can see out around 9:00-10:00 because you should pass thru a "town" in BC, I don't know the name of the town, but there is a little light house and people were outside waving as we went by. Land is near on both sides of the ship....maybe 300 yards either direction. (I'm just guessing.)

Also, on your first evening after you leave Seattle, I feel this is some of the prettiest scenery, if it's a nice evening. About 2 hours north of Seattle and you are passing several little islands. You'll see fishing boats and all kinds of cabins big and small on the hillsides. I've taken some gorgeous sunset photos in this area.

You can't go wrong with this cruise. We've done it 7 times, with the 8th coming up!

I have a up coming cruise to Alaska threw the "inside passage", but on most of the websites they don't show many if any pictures. So I thought I'd ask my fellow cruise critics. Anyone have any pics of these areas?

e3cda45df6343bbd0d67ebf03099d012612f18c4.jpg

The Pearl just left Vancouver, B.C. yesterday for Her first Alaskan run of the season. She does a Bow Web Cam that you can access. Go to: (1) NCL.com (2) Site map (3) Ships (4) The Pearl and (5) Web Cam

Depending on how She is dock in each port, you will be able to see a little. Skagway is on Wednesday and Glacier Bay will be Thursday.

Been to Alaska twice and just getting ready to go a third time in a couple of weeks :D. I have a link to my webshots in my signature that has several shots of from the ship if you're interested.

One of my favorites is this view of Mendenhall Glacier near Juneau, as seen from our whale watching trip.

2783631800060502137S600x600Q85.jpg

We sailed the Pearl last year. Our stateroom had an aft view. It was beautiful. My DH and I spent a lot of time out there, just watching the scenery go by.

I can't tell you exactly where these were taken - they are marked "sea day" on the memory card.

DSC_03562.jpg

DSC_03552.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

My favorite pics are actually from Juneau and Glacier Bay.

My father was a commercial fisherman when I was a child and fished the inside passage so I saw this area often as a child .My mother and I took an alaska cruise 2 years ago and even tho we thought we had really seen this area enough we could not take our eyes off the scenery. Every turn brings a new view ... it should be on everyones bucket list .. have a great time !!!!!

I have a up coming cruise to Alaska threw the "inside passage", but on most of the websites they don't show many if any pictures. So I thought I'd ask my fellow cruise critics. Anyone have any pics of these areas?

Take a look at my webshots album I think you will find some of what you are looking for the 2005 cruise star 8170 aft suite and the 2007 pictures are from the Sun 8001 forward suite http://community.webshots.com/user/3dblouder.

Happy Cruising :cool:

Our first Alaska trip we had a little point & shoot. For our next one we upgraded to a better point & shoot with a zoom lens. Last year we bought a DSLR, partly because we knew we wanted to return to Alaska before long.

Good luck with that camera decision!

kinda.. wondered about shots from the ship.. just to see some of the views

and of course I used google images.. just was seeing if anyone had anything cool.

The Pearl is in Skagway Alaska this morning. You can access Her Bow Web Cam: (1) NCL.com, (2) Site map, (3) Ships, (4) Pearl, (5) Web cam.

Try Google.

DON

Doh.gif

I have just checked on The Pearl. She will be sailing in Glacier Bay for several hours today. Her web cam is working fine this morning. The time on Her clock is military time 24 hours). When I checked the time said O553 (5:53 A. M.). For anything past noon add 12 plus the time. For example 6 P.M. would 12 plus 6 is 1800. It looks very beautiful this morning.

Archived