Are there Watercolour Art Classes ?

oldsilverfox

Are there any art classes onboard?

And in fact, watercolor classes were offered on my recently completed Transatlantic sailing aboard Eclipse...

That said, I've found that such classes are far more likely to be offered during longer cruises with lots of sea time...

The Infinity/Alaska sailing is comparatively short--seven nights--and quite port intensive... I wouldn't count on seeing such classes during that itinerary and, in fact, they were not offered when I did that cruise last July...

I agree with Xport on this. Cruises in Alaska are very port intensive, and seeing that those itineraries are very busy, art classes aren't really possible. We didn't have art classes on either of our B2B cruises on Solstice.

We did have a watercolor class on two of our sailings. It really depends if there is a watercolor artist on board at during the sailings. Those "specialty" classes are subject to the right passenger being aboard. Ours was a passenger that held the classes and painted outside during the excursions. You could take a class on board at posted times or join him on shore.

As a regular thing, on Marina and Riveria for sure in a dedicated studio... free

On Regent I am My wife took one for 3 weeks, free on Regent trans pac.

Regent on longer ones and Oceaina on all sailings.

As a regular thing, on Marina and Riveria for sure in a dedicated studio... free

On Regent I am My wife took one for 3 weeks, free on Regent trans pac.

Regent on longer ones and Oceaina on all sailings.

With all due respect, the OP is sailing on Infinity, so the fact that Regent offers the classes isn't part of the equation with regards to her specific question.

OP, on neither of my Alaska cruises on Celebrity did they offer any kind of painting classes. They had some abbreviated scrapbook classes, giving out some scrapbook pages, but they did not have art classes.

In October and November of 2011 on a B2B Panama Canal transit from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego, on sea days, a wonderful couple, both watercolor artists, held free lessons which included all supplies. After the canal itself and the related informative lectures, the watercolor classes were the highlight of the 30 day trip. I had never painted at all before and the encouragement given by the teachers opened up a whole new world for me.

We also had watercolour classes on an 18 night Perth to Sydney on Century a few months ago. The intructor handed out kits which had the Celebrity logo ptinted on. Inside were assorted tubes of paint, a paint palette, watercolour paper in 2 sizes and 3 paintbrushes. You were encouraged to bring the kit along to the other classes. I only did one class, but it was fun. I believe there were 4 classes in total.

we , too had watercolor classes on both transatlantics. I agree with others that there might not be such classes on Infinity, although you never know. There are really not enough sea days in a 7 day cruise.

we , too had watercolor classes on both transatlantics. I agree with others that there might not be such classes on Infinity, although you never know. There are really not enough sea days in a 7 day cruise.

And there was no charge? I wonder if they did this on the recent Silhouette TA.

Silhouette is different, as it has a dedicated art studio. Having said that, all classes were full before we even left port on embarkation day! So if you want to get in a class, it should be the very first thing you do when you board, and boar early!

There was no charge either time, but more than 100 people showed up for the first class on Equinox and the instructor was overwhelmed. He did not have enough kits. I tried to help giving out the paint, paper etc since it would have taken him the entire hour just doing that! There was an art show at the end of the classes (perhaps 8, I forget) and some of the paintings were amazing.

Silhouette is different, as it has a dedicated art studio. Having said that, all classes were full before we even left port on embarkation day! So if you want to get in a class, it should be the very first thing you do when you board, and boar early!

Thanks for giving us a "head's up" on early sign-up.:)

Archived