Celebrity OBC vs TA OBC

pacheco18

Question for Celebrity experts.

According to my fabulous TA, there are restrictions on how a Celebrity OBC may be used, as opposed to one provided by a TA.

On a future cruise I have an OBC from a Passages certificate and another from a past guest promotion. Is it true that neither may be applied to payment of gratuities?

I recently booked a cruise where Celebrity was offering onboard credit.

I went to use my 'future cruise' credit I bought the last time I was on a Celebrity ship & was told they are NOT combinable. If the onboard credit was a perk from my TA, I could have used both.

Above poster is correct. 2 OBC's from Celebrity can no longer be combined, however they are combinable with an OBC from your TA. Any OBC can be used to offset all charges on your shipboard charge. If your gratuities are not paid in advance at time of booking but are charged to your on board account the OBC from Celebrity OR your TA will offset those charges

Above poster is correct. 2 OBC's from Celebrity can no longer be combined, however they are combinable with an OBC from your TA.

Actually there is a current promotion for 2013-14 deployments where OBC from Passages is combinable with OBC for past guest. It is right on the website. I just did it!

Glad I can use Celebrity OBCs for gratuities. Thanks

Archived