Help! Cat AF, mini suite on Island Princess

Host Joe

Help! We just booked a last minute deal on the Island for May 14th to Alaska (first Alaska cruise!), and we found a mini suite for a great price, and it is a category AF. I just found out that it does not have a balcony, but instead a large picture window. Will we like this? Is it ok to have just this large picture window being we are in the cold Alaska, or should I call for a switch to a standard balcony cabin (same price). Thanks for any help... maybe even pictures?

You do realize that these cabins are all the way forward? I have been in forward cabins and did not have any problems but some cruisers feel that the motion is more noticeable in the front.

From the plans it looks as if you will be having a huge cabin. I am in a BA on the caribe deck. If you decide to change to a balcony be aware that some are only 45 inches deep. The caribe BA cabins have a large balcony that is half covered, half exposed. Speaking of being exposed, the decks tier out, kind of like a pyramid, so upper balconies can look down into yours. Do a search as there was much discussion a few months ago on which cabins are covered.

So much to consider...who knew picking a cabin would be so difficult?

Thanks so much for the info... I have just left a voice mail for my TA to please change us to a balcony cabin... who would have ever guessed that a mini suite would not have a balcony! I knew it was just too good to be true... :)

I saw those mini-suites - I think they were C202 and C204?? Hoping for an upgrade to them, as I figure the balconies will all be snatched up but no one would want them being so far forward and balcony-less...

See you soon! :) :) :)

Kendra

For Alaska, I think I would keep the mini without a balcony as they are so much larger. The weather while cruising can be so iffy up there, and you would have a great view from the large windows while still keeping warm.

We have not sailed to Alaska, but have sailed Princess thru the Panama Canal, in an Aft Mini suite...

I think one of the main advantages was the view. Being aft, we had an incredible view, without being 3 people deep on the main decks. If you like to take pictures the mini suite balconies are perect for this....even if you have to wear a jacket!!

Archived