Wireless Internet Access on Constellation

el344

The celebrityatsea website says "All Century Class and Millennium Class (Millennium available March 2005, Infinity by April 2005) ships have wireless access in hotspots around the ship." (http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?value=6)

Anyone know if Constellation actually has wireless? If so, I'll feel duty bound to lug the laptop. If not, I won't.

Elise

The celebrityatsea website says "All Century Class and Millennium Class (Millennium available March 2005, Infinity by April 2005) ships have wireless access in hotspots around the ship." (http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?value=6)

Anyone know if Constellation actually has wireless? If so, I'll feel duty bound to lug the laptop. If not, I won't.

Elise

From Constellation on 4/9/05

Celebrity Cruises Millennium Class - Wireless @ Sea

Introduction

In order to connect to the Wireless@Sea Internet Hotspot you must have a laptop which is compatible with the WiFi 802.11b/g standard. The Hotspots available on Millennium Class Ships are:

Conference Rooms (Deck 3), Card Room, near Cova Cafe (Deck 5), Rendez-Vous Lounge, including Martini and Champagne Bar (Deck 4 and 5), Online@Celebrity Computer Center Notes (Deck 6), Words (Deck 8 & 9), and (Deck 10) Miship to the stern of the ship.

It is necessary for your account to be enabled to access the
network. If you have not already done so please contact an
staff member to enable your account for
access.

Note that they're doing both b and g 802.11. I did b only, so don't know if using a g device really buys you any more bandwidth on their system. Both will be significantly faster than the satellite service anyway.

To go beyond the ship (e.g., internet, e-mail etc), the satellite must still be utilized to transmit/receive data. The internal wireless network only allows you to avoid a line connection in accessing the ship's satellite uplink.

Archived