Nearly a year to wait but I so excited!

Ceepot

I have just booked on the Quest for the 10 day Mediterranean Medley on 3 May 2013. http://www.seabourn.com/find-luxury-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?voyageCode=6317

I have selected suite 617 but now I am unsure. 615 had already gone. I think the bed might be facing to the rear and wonder if it makes any difference? Apologies if this is one of the annoying questions people ask.:o

'

We've booked it as when my age is added to my husband's, we will celebrating our 100th birthday :D. (I'm 21, he will be 79 ;)). It's so long to wait, but thank you to all the people who bother to post on here who have helped me decide to cruise with Seabourn.:)

Hi Ceepot.

It does look as if the bed faces rearward in that suite. It does make a difference to me, I like to sleep with my feet pointing the direction that I'm travelling! But to many people it won't matter, I imagine most people would say that they aren't even aware of it even when the ship is moving. My husband doesn't notice it at all and doesn't understand why it bothers me.

If you're like me and you feel uncomfortable on trains in the seats that are rear facing, I'd suggest you try to change your suite. But if you can't change I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine and for me if I had to choose between rear facing bed or not cruise, I'd take rear facing bed every time.:D

Nigella

Welcome to the "reverse vertigo" club! A few yrs. ago I was aboard a Pride Spring Crossing ~ I became very sick ~No, not seasick~just quite ill ~all over!! Our beloved Dr. Kris Herra studied my symptoms for several days. Well, long tale short: I have "reverse vertigo" ~I can not ride backwards on a stagecoach, train, or sail on a ship backwards !:confused: I usually stay in suite #137 (small Sister's)but this Crossing I was in #135 ~bed, facing the wrong way!

How silly ~but when I book now I must research which way the bed faces! Seabourn is very understanding of my needs.:p

Martita B

Ceepot There was a thread a while ago explaing how you can tell from the deck plans which way your bed is situated I have bumped it up near the top it's title is something like comparsion between Regent and Seabourn. I think it is at the bottom of page 4 It was my question Electra2008 that started it. Very good explanation from many answers. Even I managed to work it out. BOL

Does anyone have experience with the Classic suites in the bow of the Pride? It looks like the bed faces East/West! And are you able to see beyond the bow of the ship from the windows? I'm wondering if we would be happier with a Balcony suite. We are taking the bigger suite because my husband needs room to walk at night and also because we are traveling as a family (our two older sons in a balcony suite) and thought the added room in the Classic suite would give us more room to gather. Any advice you can give us would be appreciated. We are taking our first Seabourn cruise in 2013.

A suggestion ~ on the Pride (and the other small Sister's) there are suites on Deck 4 & Deck 5 that connect. These suites are:

Deck 4: 126 & 127 ~ 128 & 129

Deck 5: 225 & 227 ~ 224 & 226

The carpenter comes and "opens up" the wall, making the 2 suites into one. One suite has a bathtub, the other suite just has a shower.

These are so nice & quite large ~One sailing a good friend and I booked suites 127 & 129 ~for a big party. The carpenter came....Voila! He even raised the bed in 127 into the wall ~even more room! After the party he came back and closed the wall.

These three Seabourn Sister ships were "custom handmade".....very few ships in the world have these custom walls.:p

If your seas are rowdy, the bow Owners Suites might be unpleasant ~otherwise, in calm oceans, quite nice. I've visited these for several parties.

Just a few hints.

Have fun!

Martita B

Archived