Inside Cabins on Constellation

Wineart

Am considering booking 2 cabins (verandah and inside) on Constellation for a 2013 Baltic cruise, and would appreciate any opinions on the inside cabins. I've only been on S-class ships in AQ cabins; the inside cabin would be for another couple. I know that Connie is going into drydock spring 2013, but don't know if any work is planned for the inside cabins.

Am considering booking 2 cabins (verandah and inside) on Constellation for a 2013 Baltic cruise, and would appreciate any opinions on the inside cabins. I've only been on S-class ships in AQ cabins; the inside cabin would be for another couple. I know that Connie is going into drydock spring 2013, but don't know if any work is planned for the inside cabins.

We sailed on the Connie last fall with an inside room as close to center as we could get (room 3094). We enjoyed the room and were close to the front desk. Our experience is that a lot of heating and a/c issues found on some ships seem to go away as you move to the center... and it also allows us to go on more cruises than we might normally afford since we have retired. Prior to retiring we always went on balconey suites and didn't think we'd enjoy inside rooms. We make a lot more use of the public lounge areas, but I think we sleep a lot sounder. Most all of our cruises are on Celebrity or HAL and is determined primarily by itinerary.... if all things are equal I think we would choose Celebrity, but do enjoy the 30 day cruises of HAL. If don't feel bad about an inside room just think of it as allowing you to go on more of them????

The inside cabin is for another couple (who also happen to be retired); I have to book a verandah cabin for us because DH can get claustrophobic. Since I've never stayed in an inside cabin, I'd like to get some opinions on the Connie inside cabins before I recommend this cruise to the other couple.

We've never stayed in an inside cabin on Celebrity but have visited a few. Basically the inside cabin will be pretty much identical in appearance to an outside cabin except that it won't have a veranda or window. The furnishings, service and decor will be the same as a standard (not CC or above) veranda or outside.

Pick an inside that is across the hall from your outside so all of you can visit on your veranda from time to time.

The Connie was refurbished less than two years ago as it was the first M class ship to be Solsticized. At that time the carpeting and the soft goods in all cabins, including insides, was updated and new TV's were installed. They did not add new cabins as they did on the other M class ships and it is my understanding that that change is what is being scheduled for next year - although I'm not sure if there has been an official announcement on this or not. It is a good presumption that if any updates are made to existing veranda cabins that corresponding updates would be made to inside cabins. At the same time you can not presume that any updates will be made to these cabins at all unless you see a formal press release from Celebrity/RCL indicating this will be the case.

We have stayed in an inside cabin on the Connie. They are fine, oceanview and inside cabins are exactly the same size on M class ships. It was great for taking a daytime nap, because when you turn out the lights those cabins are nice and dark. This said, we spent most of our daytime hours in public space to take advantage of the natural light. I think inside can be the way to go on a port intensive cruise, but would probably want a balcony on a TA.

Archived