Princess Lodges dinner attire

oratheeexplorer

I am just curious....what do the majority wear when they go to dinner in one of the restaurants that are in any of the Princess Lodges in Alaska? I am mainly interested in McKinley Lodge and Denali. (I am sure we would eat in the least expensive restaurant) Could one get by wearing nice jeans?

Thinking ahead for the packing part of the trip, since some luggage we will take with us and some will go to the ship.

Thanks for any help!

I am just curious....what do the majority wear when they go to dinner in one of the restaurants that are in any of the Princess Lodges in Alaska? I am mainly interested in McKinley Lodge and Denali. (I am sure we would eat in the least expensive restaurant) Could one get by wearing nice jeans?

Thinking ahead for the packing part of the trip, since some luggage we will take with us and some will go to the ship.

Thanks for any help!

I suspect probably casual (jeans , slacks & shirts) . Most of your luggage is packed and stored until you get to Anchorage or Fairbanks .

I heard that are requested to pack a small bag for the overland portion and your main bags are stored for you.

I suspect probably casual (jeans , slacks & shirts) . Most of your luggage is packed and stored until you get to Anchorage or Fairbanks .

I heard that are requested to pack a small bag for the overland portion and your main bags are stored for you.

We get to take one suitcase per person plus one small bag to take on the bus/train with us that will fit on our lap or under the seat. Any more goes in storage and then to the ship.

Those lodges are in Alaska and as such, casual is the way to go. A nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt are fine, but jeans and a polo shirt work as well.

I have stayed at the Kenai Princess lodge and never worried about getting dressed up.

We were in Fairbanks, Denali and McKinley lodges last June. Best to plan casual layers for the land tour. All the restuarants on property were casual. We had a standard airplane "carry on" each for the landtour and our large bags went to the ship with the more dressier clothes for dinner. They picked up our 'take with me tonight' bags each morning from the hotel and they were in our room that night. The trains and buses did allow for larger pieces that were stored either under the car or in a different car. I saw several people check bags prior to getting on the train. I carried a backpack with me and the only time it was 'tight quarters' was on the train that had the table in the center of four seats. I could have had them put it with the other items in storage, but I had my laptop in it and didn't want to chance losing or damaging it.

We were in Fairbanks, Denali and McKinley lodges last June. Best to plan casual layers for the land tour. All the restuarants on property were casual. We had a standard airplane "carry on" each for the landtour and our large bags went to the ship with the more dressier clothes for dinner. They picked up our 'take with me tonight' bags each morning from the hotel and they were in our room that night. The trains and buses did allow for larger pieces that were stored either under the car or in a different car. I saw several people check bags prior to getting on the train. I carried a backpack with me and the only time it was 'tight quarters' was on the train that had the table in the center of four seats. I could have had them put it with the other items in storage, but I had my laptop in it and didn't want to chance losing or damaging it.

I fly into Faribanks and do a 4 day ladn tour; Fairbanks Lodge, Denali and Mt McKinley; then take a 7 day cruise from Whittier; I don't understand about just keeping your carry with me bag with you and all others goes to the ship??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

G

I fly into Faribanks and do a 4 day ladn tour; Fairbanks Lodge, Denali and Mt McKinley; then take a 7 day cruise from Whittier; I don't understand about just keeping your carry with me bag with you and all others goes to the ship??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

G

When you have a land tour, you are allowed one suitcase per person to take with you on the land tour, plus a small bag, perhaps backpack type, to take with you on the bus/train. The suitcase you have with you will be handled by Princess as far as getting it to your next destination. You will put it outside your door in the morning and they will take it from there.

If you have more luggage than that, they will take it the night of your arrival and store it until they take it to the ship and it will be in your cabin waiting for you when you get there.

It's going to be tricky deciding what to pack in what suitcase, but I'm just planning on taking what we will need on the land tour and packing the rest in the one or ones that go to the ship.

When you have a land tour, you are allowed one suitcase per person to take with you on the land tour, plus a small bag, perhaps backpack type, to take with you on the bus/train. The suitcase you have with you will be handled by Princess as far as getting it to your next destination. You will put it outside your door in the morning and they will take it from there.

If you have more luggage than that, they will take it the night of your arrival and store it until they take it to the ship and it will be in your cabin waiting for you when you get there.

It's going to be tricky deciding what to pack in what suitcase, but I'm just planning on taking what we will need on the land tour and packing the rest in the one or ones that go to the ship.

The carry on that most airlines allow; can that be kept with you; as well as the one suitcase? Is the carry on the one that people say; you have to hold on your lap on the coaches and the trains?

The carry on that most airlines allow; can that be kept with you; as well as the one suitcase? Is the carry on the one that people say; you have to hold on your lap on the coaches and the trains?

We had 1 suitcase and 1 dufflebag as our land luggage (which princess moved each time) and then we had our backpacks that we took on the train/bus with us. When we got to the ship our 2nd suitcase was waiting with our more dressy cruise clothes.

The first two trips I took the carry-on size suitcase and a backpack. I had medical equipment I had to bring with me, so was allowed a second bag that princess moved each day for me. This summer my landtour is longer than the cruise. I plan on taking one large suitcase and sending the smaller carryone size (with my dressy things) to the ship. There is very little room for bags or packages on the busses and trains, so it you don't want it on your lap, don't take it.

The first two trips I took the carry-on size suitcase and a backpack. I had medical equipment I had to bring with me, so was allowed a second bag that princess moved each day for me. This summer my landtour is longer than the cruise. I plan on taking one large suitcase and sending the smaller carryone size (with my dressy things) to the ship. There is very little room for bags or packages on the busses and trains, so it you don't want it on your lap, don't take it.

Princess rep told me that the suitcase we take with us that they move from place to place can be a regular sized one, not just a carryon like some on here have mentioned. They said each person is allowed one. We are planning on taking a small backpack to keep with us on the train/bus.

I hope you are doing the land tour first.....friends of mine did an 8 day land tour and then a 4 day cruise on Holland last year and she said they were wore out by the time they got to the cruise!

Archived